nine

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL ASSAULT.
Update for RR and FTR: I wrote this story 3 years ago. After reading it back for the first time since then, it was too much for me, so I cut a lot of this chapter out.

stella's pov:

after what seems like months later, the man finally returns to the room, and stands behind me. i reach out and shake spencer's tied hands using mine to wake him up. he dozed off. he stirs awake and flinches at the sight of the man approaching me from behind.

the man touches and rubs my shoulders, and then begins to speak. "so, have you guys made a decision yet?"

"how many hours have we been in here?" spencer asks, now fully awake.

"16." he responds flatly as he continues to rub my shoulders.

"we still have 8 more hours." i butt in. we don't have to give him an answer for 8 hours, which should hopefully give the team enough time to find us.

"what's your name?" spencer asks. the man tenses up. he definitely wasn't expecting that question.

"it's uh, alan." he answers.

"well, alan, please take your hands off of my shoulders." i state, loud and clear. he leans down, making eye contact with me.

"you think i'm going to stop? sweetie, i'm just getting started." alan says, running one hand down my arm, and the other to my left breast.

spencer tries to scoot his chair and hit alan, but isn't successful. "don't touch her!" spencer shouts. in response, alan kicks the base of his chair, moving him out of my reach.

"stop!" spencer screams.

"shut up or i will kill both of you right now!" alan yells, and spencer stops talking.

he moves his hand inside my shirt and bra, and cups my left breast. i try to fight back tears and try my hardest to not cry.

i wasn't nervous or anything about being exposed in front of spencer. i mean, we did hook up the night before my first day. but we haven't since then. i just don't want him to see me like this. i'm so vulnerable.

he pulls his hand away from my breast and it drops to his side. i try and read his face. he looks angry at my response, but it looks like he's deciding where he wants to touch me next.

i look at spencer, and we make eye contact as a single tear falls down my cheek. i can see the sadness mixed with anger in his eyes. just then, my eyes shut as he yanks off my belt. i wince in pain. he undos the zip ties around my ankles, and instead tie each to one post of the chair, spreading my legs. oh no.

he stops for a second and punches me twice across the face. as my head begins to pound, he turns around to look at spencer, who still has his eyes shut.

"boy, if you don't open your eyes right now i will end your life right here." he shouts. spencer slowly opens his eyes and makes eye contact with me, tears flowing out continuously.

"FBI! DROP THE KNIFE, ALAN." morgan yells, trying not to glance at spencer and i. alan runs around to spencer and holds the knife to his neck.

"alan, we know you are the snowman. we know you didn't get the chance to kill stella all those years ago. killing spencer, someone who is innocent here, isn't the way to go." morgan tries to negotiate with alan, but it isn't working.

"kill me, not spencer." i manage to get out. alan looks at me, hesitates, but then removes the knife from spencer's neck, and begins to move over to me, and then morgan lunges for alan, tackling him to the ground, and tossing his knife aside. he stands him up, handcuffing him, and begins to read him his Miranda Rights.

emily runs over to me and immediately undos my zip ties, and as soon as my hands are free, i pull up my shirt before anyone else sees. hotch frees spencer and i stand up. spencer pulls me into a hug, sobbing into each other's shoulders.

"i'm so sorry i couldn't do anything. i wanted to kill him." he mumbles, crying into my shoulder.

i tried to get words out through my sobs. "he would've killed you, please don't pin this on yourself." i whisper-shout, hugging him tighter.

minutes later, i pull away from the hug and we make eye contact. "medics are outside for you guys. follow me." hotch mumbles, and we follow him out of the room.

once we turn the corner, we see gurneys for us. i need to lie down, so i don't try to fight it. as we are guided outside, I turn to Emily.

just then, i can feel myself going in and out of consciousness. "just make sure that spencer is... is...." that is the last thing i remember before my world turns black, once again.