21

"You sad this is possibly your last show?" I asked Pete as I stood in his dressing room.

"Yeah I don't know I guess I haven't thought about that." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

I only nodded as I admired him and all of his beauty. It was the final show of the season for snl and it may be Pete's last.

He still hadn't decided if he was sticking around for next season. I reassured him that in the end whatever decision he makes would be the right one. Whether or not he knows what that decision is right now.

"You should probably get out there, there's like 30 minutes before the show starts and I don't want someone coming in and yelling at you especially since it's the last show." He said walking over to me as he looked down at his watch.

"Okay." I said with a small frown on my face, not wanting to leave yet.

Pulling me in for a hug he kissed my hair and rocked me back and forth for a minute until pulling away.

"Good thing is after this is over we're on a plane to Paris." He said looking down at me with a wide smile.

We had decided to just leave for Paris the same night of the show. It would suck having to travel so late at night but it would all be worth it in the end.

"I'm so excited." I said smiling

"Me too."

With that he planted a kiss on my lips before pushing me out the door.

I walked down the long halls of the building until I reached the main lobby where people were waiting to be let in.

They normally didn't let the audience come and get seated until about 15-20 minutes before the show actually started, meaning I had a little bit of time to kill.

Standing off into the distance I took my phone out of my purse and scrolled through it as I waited for the doors to open.

As I scrolled through Instagram, a text notification from an unknown number popped onto the top of my screen.

I figured it was just a bot text but I still clicked on it just to make sure.

And in those seconds of me reading the text my world felt like it had come to a crashing hault.

I read the message over and over still not believing what I was seeing.

Unknown number: hey mya this is weston. Ik it's been a while but I wanted to know if we could talk. I realize now that I made a stupid fucking decision and I was an idiot to lose someone as important as yourself. please consider talking to me.

At this point it has almost been a full year since Weston had broken up with me. I had blocked him on everything and had blocked him from my life.

But in just a matter of seconds everything had changed. And it was awful fucking timing.

My mouth had became dry and my hands were shaking. I didn't know what to do.

My anxiety was now through the roof and I felt like the walls were closing in on me.

I was so caught up in my emotions that I hadn't noticed they had opened the doors and people had begun to find their seats.