Shot 9

Laxmi Nagar.

Payal was pacing back and forth waiting for the result of the trail which Akash has promised to tell her.

She wanted so bad to go and support Khushi but the guilt of playing a part in the torture by her step mother and aunt of Khushi made her stay back.

Since she met Khushi she has always been jealous of how easy it was for her to win people over, make friends and always be the center of attention which Payal couldn't do so she silently basked in the torture and degradation of Khushi by her mother and aunt by keeping quiet.

But Khushi's light never dimmed and Shashi always defending Khushi made her jealousy of Khushi increase with time.

She only showed affection to Khushi only when it benefited her.

She never loved Akash but the urge to finally beat Khushi by being the wife of a rich man made her a silent spectator in her force engagement with Shyam.

She neglected all the instinct feelings about Shyam being a fishy character because she wanted to get rid of Khushi.

That's why she never encouraged Khushi to expose Shyam again after her first attempt failed.

After the truth came of about Arnav and Khushi, she realized how sick and guilty she was by helping the Raizadas hurt her.

She realised who ungrateful she was for hating Khushi after her elopement with Arnav not knowing she was suffering in silence for her happiness.

A happiness she didn't deserve because she never really loved Akash but used him that why when Akash called to meet up she decided to come clean and she is happy she did.

Flashback.

Payal sat down at a small eatery closer to her house waiting for Akash.

After a few minutes his car pulled up and Akash hopped out and moved towards her and sat down.

"Am happy you agreed to met. " Akash said enthusiastically making Payal feel more worse than before and the expression on her face didn't give unnoticed by Akash who held her hand. "Payal........ I know I have lost every right to ask for a second chance but please let's give our marriage a chance...... You don't have to worry about maa because we will live alone and Papa has even given us his blessings after I spoke to him....... Please say yes. " Akash pleaded making Payal's eyes tear up and she pulled her hand away hurting Akash in the process.

"I can't give us a chance because I can't commit a sin again by using you when I don't love you. " Payal cried out shocking and confusing Akash.

"Payal... What do you mean you don't love me? ......... Please don't lie about your feelings for me because I feel my cowardice and maa's abuse." Akash asked still in shock.

"It's the true Akash........ I never loved you...... I only used you to make myself feel better for being above Khushi by being your wife. " Payal confessed looking at Akash and he knew she wasn't doing this to get back at him for never standing up from  her. "Since we were young I have always been jealous of Khushi for how she was always the happy and friendly one even after the horrible things she had been through....... She was always everyone's friend and everyone in the neighborhood loved her and my own father loved and was proud of her in ways he never was of me....... My resentment grew over the years and especially after my broken marriage with Abhishek....... I was always with Khushi only when it benefited me........ Meeting you was my jackpot for having to achieve something above Khushi........ When she and Arnav eloped I wasn't mad about them eloping I was mad because again Khushi had something better than me......... Supporting your mother and grandmother was my way of making her pay for aspiring to be higher than me but see I hated her for nothing because she would have laid down her life for me and yet I hurt her.......... Akash you deserve better than a monster like me....... Regardless of how you are,you are a good man........ Let's get divorced and go our separate ways........ And am sorry for deceiving you."