The Fight

I walked into the living room to see my little brother in a pink dress. I bursted out laughing and Ruby glared at me as I walked and stood next to him.

"Pink is a nice color on you, really brings out your rosy cheeks." I said pinching his cheeks and he smacked my hands away.

"Abuelita, I have to go!"

"Cinco minutos más, canción." Abuelita said and I chuckled.

"She's been saying that for the past half an hour. Can I at least have my phone?" Ruby said.

"Cinco minutos más, canción."

Monse came in a rush and I waved at her and she waved back.

"What's going on?"

"I think it's pretty obvious." I said fixing the skirt a bit.

"Great. So, walk me through the moment César said what he said."

"Don't worry about it."

"There you go again."

"There you go again what?"

"Keeping things from me. You gotta stop withholding, God damn it!" Monse said and Me and Abuelita scoffed.

"Sorry, Abuelita."

"It's okay. I watch Bravo." Abuelita said and I chuckled.

Monse grabbed Ruby's hand and pulled him outside.

"Y/n, oldest nieta. Who were you yelling at last night?" Abuelita asked and I sighed.

"Oscar, Cesar's big brother, the one who just got out of jail." I said and she looked surprised.

"You be careful with that boy, he's no good."

"Trust me, I'm not giving him the time of day." I said and walked away.

~Time Skip~

I walked up to Monse who was walking to the Santo house.

"You sure you wanna do this?"

"Positive, that bitch is dead. I'm gonna kill him." Monse said as we heard music.

She walked up to César who on his skateboard.

"You little bitch!" Monse pushed César down and everyone started laughing. Monse straddled César and started punching him.

"Damn, that hyna's wild. Must be a freak on all fours." Some guy said and I rolled.

"That's disgusting, you dirtbag. No wonder nobody fucks with you." I said walking up to him.

"You better be happy you Spooky'a girl."

"I ain't none of Spooky's girl, so what's up." I said and Oscar got up and moved me back.

"Don't touch me!" I said moving back to Monse.

"Come on, Monse he ain't even worth it." I said and Oscar just looked at me.

"I fought for you. I had your back. For what? For you to impress your puto friends and humiliate me?"

"Tell you bitch to keep the bark down."

"Don't call her a bitch!"

"Hermanito, you better back up before you get smacked up." Spooky said and I glared at him.

"Shut up, puto!" Monse said and I snickered then started pulling her off.

"Monse!!" I heard and turned to Jamal and Ruby.

"No! Monse." Ruby and Jamal helped my get her up. Santos started barking at us.

"This is why we didn't wanna tell you!"

"Cause you're going crazy!"

"Crazy? I'm crazy?"

"Clam down. Breathe."

"Don't you patronize me! I don't need you. Any of you. I was trying to keep our crew together, but since I'm the only one who cares, you're all dead to me. I'll survive on my own. Y/n, you have my number!" Monse said then stormed off.

I walked up to César.

"I advise you to fix things with before she's really gone, so, you won't end up like your brother." I said and Cesar frowned and Oscar just stared at me.

"See y'all around." I said glancing at Oscar then walked away.

~Later~

(Hoodie and Shorts over)

Later that night I decided to make things right with an old friend. Walked up to his house and knocked he opened it shirtless.

"Bout time you came over." Oscar said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm here for what you think I am. I'm here to talk things out." I said and he let me in.

"So, now you wanna talk?"

"Look, what happened in between us happened years ago. Now, your brother's going through it and I'm tryna help out a friend. I don't want Monse to end up like me, and think every guy is the same. After everything I was hurt, yeah, but, I'm a grown ass woman now, and it's time to get over the past. So, what'd you say?" I ranted and gave him a serious face.

(Me dying from acting it out!!!)

"Ight, we cool." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I'm not one of ya homies you say you cool with, I'm being serious." I said and he shrugged.

"God, cold hearted." I said under my breath then walked away to leave but her grabbed my wrist.

"I'm being serious too." He said and we stared at each other for a minute.

"I gotta go."

"But you don't want to..." He got closer to me still holding my wrist. His other hand found it's way to my waist.

"You wanna stay, don't you?"

"What makes you think that?"

"I can see it in your eyes." He said and I chuckled shaking my head.

"Same old Oscar."

"Same old Y/n." He said then kissed me.