Tattoo Parlor

After finishing up your sketch, you held it from your face

After finishing up your sketch, you held it from your face. It looked good, but something was missing.

This was your first time putting a tattoo on someone, and even though you've given yourself many, you've never done it on someone else.

Your first client was the owner of the shop who happened to be your grandpa. He had been running the shop since his father passed it down to him.

After getting it from his father, he hoped to give it to his son.

Your father was going to take over the shop, but that was until he got remarried. His new wife is against tattoos, so that won't be happening.

Like most people, she says tattoos are unprofessional and gang related, but that's why you loved them.

You had tattoos down your arms, on your leg, behind your ear, and one on the side of your stomach.

The one on your wrist however, you ignored. In fact you tried to cover it, but it was hard as you didn't want to cover your other ones on your arms.

On your wrist was a name, the name of either your soulmate, or the person that would kill you.

No one really knew whether it was the former or latter, but everyone had one.

You didn't really care about finding your soulmate, and you didn't exactly want to meet your killer either.

You wore jewelry such as bracelets to cover your wrist, put on rings, and had many piercings, saying just bracelets would make you uneven.

You had four piercings in each ear, one on your eyebrow, as well as a nose, and tongue piercing.

Your grandpa wasn't happy when you got them, saying that you were adding to the gang leader look.

He also told you that you would scare away the customers.

Your grandpa, who you called 'old man,' was waiting to give the shop to you.

You've offered to take it off his shoulders before he kills himself from overworking, but he still insists that you are too young to own a tattoo parlor.

You just graduated from high school, and didn't plan on going to university, so you didn't see the problem. However, he said to take your time being a kid, and he wouldn't die that easily.

Putting your focus back on the rough draft on the table in front of you, you thought of what you could change to make it better.

Your grandpa had given you complete freedom, but you wanted to make sure it was something he would like.

The Koi fish that you had drawn was almost like the one on your arm but something didn't look right.

Looking down at your arm, you pulled up your right sleeve to inspect your tattoo further so you could compare.