Chapter 2

Layla

Layla

Ew Monday.

In all honesty, there is just something about Monday's that just turn my whole mood off.

I get out of my bed groaning and mumbling to myself as I make my way towards the bathroom.

I head to the sink and brush my teeth then I hop into the shower and start washing.

I get out and get ready for school.

I'm not much of a makeup girl, so I pop on some mascara on my lashes but I curl them before, then put on some gloss to my full lips.

Once I'm satisfied, I look in the mirror to check myself.

I am wearing light ripped jeans with a red spaghetti strap stop tucked into my jeans and I top it off with a black leather jacket.

I quickly comb through my curls and let them fall to my waist.

Satisfied, I grab my bag, keys, wallet and phone and walk downstairs to the front door.

My parents are hardly home since there always travelling for their job.

My parents and I aren't really close, they will give me money for meals and all but I see them at least once a week since when they come home, it'll always be later at night and I'll have school the next day so it's rare.

As I'm about to open the front door my phone starts ringing.

I answer without looking at the Caller ID.

"Hello ?" I say.

"Hey girl, I'm outside waiting for you," Violet says.

"Okay, I'm coming out now." I tell her and hang up.

I open the door and step outside, I turn back around to close and lock the door.

Once I did that I walk towards Violet's jeep and hop in the passenger seat.

"What's up hoe." I say slapping Violets thigh.

She jumps at the action and glares at me.

"How dare you Layla Valentina Summers"

I giggle and reach for the aux cord and plug my phone in as she starts driving towards Eliot's house.

I start playing 'Save your tears' by the weekend and turn the volume up.

Once we made it to Eliot's which was like 10 seconds since he lives like 4 houses down. We all headed to Starbucks for coffee.

"HEARTBREAK ANNIVERSARY" Eliot is singin- no shouting the lyrics while I join him and Violet looks like she's about to pass out.

We are now going through the school parking lot looking for a spot I point to one and Violet pulls into the spot.

Violet quickly shuts the car off so we can stop singing but Eliot is still singing the lyrics as loudly as ever as he steps out of the car.