Chapter 23

*Edited

Layla

I watch the guy that had the gun to my head fall to the ground, as blood starts oozing out of him.

I gasp in fright and quickly run to Landon.

He grabs me quickly and pushes me behind him wrapping a protective arm around me.

I try to keep my tears at bay but failed as they started streaming down silently.

I watch Landon pull out his gun, and point it at the person who shot the 'pizza' guy but he distinctly put it away once he saw the man.

There was a bulky guy in a suit that had a gun in his hand, whom I'm guessing shot the pizza guy. 

He stood a few feet away from the door and nodded at Landon.

Landon did some hand singles to him, as the guy moved to pick up the body.

Landon turned around to me and checked over me making sure I was okay, his eyes went to my face and his cold expression turned soft slightly.

He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me and wrapped my legs around him.

I snuggled my face into his neck as his arms wrapped around me protectively.

The tears kept coming down silently, he rubbed my hip in soothing motions and placed gentle kisses in my hair.

"It's okay baby, you're safe now." He whispered into my ear.

"I'm so sorry, love." He continues.

I shake my head and mumble into his neck,

"It's not your fault, Landon." 

I pull my face away from his neck and look at him.

His eyes bore into mine, as he brings his hand to my face and wipes the tears.

He brings his lips to my cheek and gently kisses it lingering there for a bit.

All of a sudden he stumbles back and curses under his breath.

I look at him confused, he puts me down and that's when I saw it.

The blood.

I look down at his leg to see the end of his jeans soaked in blood.

I look to Landon in shock.

"Landon..." I say trailing off.

"Is that you're-

 I say but then get cut off by him stumbling back again.

"Oh, fuck!" I yell and run after him holding him up a bit.

I bring Landon to my couch being careful of his leg.

I sit him down as I lift the end of his jeans and see blood everywhere, I lift it more to his calf and gasp as there was a hole in his leg.