Chapter 3

*Edited

Layla

The bell finally rings ending the school day. 

I get out of my seat and head towards the parking lot. 

Violet messaged me during last period telling me she had to go home early because her grandma had a fall so I'll have to walk home today. 

Walking out of the school doors I look around and my eyes immediately latch onto Landon and his two friends. 

Landon's hard eyes are focused on what Andre was saying while Dante was on the phone, a cigarette hanging from his lips.

Landon was leaning against I'm guessing was his car and the sun glowing on his godly-like face and making his grey eyes literally glow. 

I think I just stopped breathing.

God save me please from this beautiful male species. 

Layla calm down your acting as if you've never seen a male before.

As if feeling my gaze he looked up from his friend and met his eyes with mine. 

We stayed staring at each other for what felt like hours he eventually looked away and leaned up from his car and went around to the driver's side getting in. Andre and Dante had left as well.

I sighed and started my walk home. 

Just leaving the school gates a car pulled up beside me I looked over at it and saw the window roll down. 

Landon's face came to view and I held my breath.

He motioned his head to the passenger seat as if telling me to get in the car. 

I didn't really think it through but I got in. 

Wow Layla you haven't even talked to the boy and you're already getting in a car with him.

Bitch if you get kidnapped I'm blaming it on you.

I get in the car and close the door.

His emotionless eyes turn to me his jaw clenched. 

His eyes move to my lips and he starts leaning towards me. 

He looks up to my eyes again while my breathing has literally stopped now. 

He's now inches away from my lips his minty breath fanning them.

I look up to his eyes and find them on my lips, he looks back up to my green ones and his hand slightly brushes past my arm, giving me instant goosebumps from his gentle touch.

He grabs the seat belt and pulls it across me and clicks it in. 

He leans back over to his side and starts driving. 

One hand on the steering wheel and one resting on the gear.

Everything this boy does is hot. 

All of a sudden he speaks even though it's only one word, let me tell you it is the best sound I have ever heard. 

"Address ?" 

His voice is deep and rough, though it held a cold tone to it.

"19 Brown street." I tell him softly. 

He nodded once and went on his way driving. 

I stared out the window in silence as we pulled up to a red light.

I turned to see his head back while his eyes are closed and Adam's apple bouncing up and down. 

He seemed pretty relaxed.

The silence in the car was surprisingly nice it wasn't weird or awkward it was a comfortable silence. 

Once we started moving again I realized we were on my street. 

He turned to my house and stopped. 

He got out of the car and as I was about to open my door he beat me to it, opening the door for me. 

I smiled realizing what he did and stepped out of the car. 

Once I was out I turned to face him and saw that he was already looking at me. 

"Thank you for the ride," I said looking up at his tall figure smiling softly at him

Damn, he's tall.

"Welcome." he says looking me straight in the eyes while he licked his lips. 

"I'm Layla by the way." I said staring up at him giving him a small smile. 

I saw the side of his mouth twitch up almost as if he was going to smile but he masked it up immediately to his emotionless face. 

He nodded. 

"Um well, thanks again." I said giving him another smile.

As I was about to turn and walk towards my front door he spoke.

"Landon." 

I turned to him confused. 

"My name." he says rolling his eyes.

I looked down and blushed slightly embarrassed. 

He saw this and had a faint smirk on his lips. 

He lifted his hand and put it under my chin to tilt my head up towards him. 

My breath hitched at his touch.

His cold fingers touching my skin. 

He looked me in the eye and leaned down on my cheek. 

I closed my eyes as his warm soft, plush lips make contact with my now warm coloured cheeks.

His lips linger, and eventually removes his head towards my ear brushing over them slightly with his lips.

His lips now hovering over my ear and hair.

"I'll see you tomorrow Layla." He whispers huskily.

He leans back, stands up straight and turns around running a hand through his hair as he walks away. 

He gets in his car and rolls the window down as I'm stupidly standing there in a trance of what just happened. 

I see him waiting for me to get in the house. 

I turn around and unlock the door and open it. 

I turn around and see him roll his window up and start driving away.  

I walk into my house and sigh. 

What in the heck is this boy doing to me.