6

"If you do not mind, I would like to address the situation between Y/n and Maki, especially Y/n, her and Rantaro always seemed like they were keeping something hidden from the rest of us, and now he has been murdered." Kirumi says, the class trial finally started. It looks sci-fi almost.

"Well? Y/n!? Keepin' secrets is an awful habit!" Kaito shouts.

"..." Y/n hesitates, thinking of what to say. "Okay.. it's true. When I hit my head in the underground passage.. before getting bandages I snuck into Rantaro's dorm and stole this.. map thing he drew. The map was a map of the school. But, in the library it showed something behind the bookshelf, so of course I went to go investigate it, and that's when Maki caught me. So she's been watching over me this whole time, in case I'm the mastermind. That's all." She mostly tells the truth.

"How do we know you're not lying? Maybe Rantaro found out you're the mastermind and you killed him!" Kokichi says

"No. I've made sure to keep a close eye on her at all times. And not to mention during the time of the murder she was in the game room with me and many other people." Maki says

"What about nighttime? She could have easily snuck out and done.. whatever the mastermind does." Ryoma suggests

"..That's not possible either.. because.. I was watching her dorm at nighttime as well."

"What.?" Y/n looks at Maki, but Maki just looks away.

"I'm not stupid. There would be no point me making sure you aren't the mastermind if I just let you roam around at night freely."

"Ohh.. so Maki is a stalllker!" Kokichi laughs "That makes much more sense now."

Maki just gives one of her death glares to him.

"Um.. a-anyway.. we can agree Y/n isn't the mastermind or killer?" Kaede asks, and everyone seems to agree.

Everybody stands in shock as Kaede is brutally killed, right in front of their eyes. Kaede.? It was Kaede.. all along.?

The class trial and execution is finally over.

Everybody is silent as they leave the shrine of judgement. Y/n goes straight to her dorm without saying a word and slams the door.

She gets into bed, trying with all she can
to fall asleep. You can't be upset if you're asleep, right?

But she can't, the execution keeps replaying in her head.. over and over.

It's about 2 in the morning, a couple hours or so after the trial ended. She hasn't slept at all.

She decides to go outside for a bit to get some fresh air.

She sits down in the grass and leans against one of the trees. She just thinks to herself for a while, by a while, an hour or so.

"Of course, you're anywhere except where you're supposed to be."

Y/n turns her head to see Maki stands there next to her.

"Oh.. Hey Maki. What are you doing out so late.?"

"I heard a crashing noise from your dorm.. I went to go check but you didn't answer. So I came outside to come find you. Now what are you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep.. the stupid.. execution kept playing over and over in my head."

"..How long have you been out here?"