7

"Maki? You there?" She turns a corner after walking a few flights of stairs, Maki is standing there with her arms folded.. in front of a red door.

"I'm guessing someone told you about my research lab."

"Yeah, Shuichi. Can I look inside?" She goes over to it and puts her hand on the door to push it open, but Maki grabs her hand to stop her.

"No. I'm not letting anyone in there, including you." Maki glares at her

"..." Y/n steps away nervously. "Ah.. haha.. that look always gets me.! Um.. sorry."

"..Just stay away from it." She lets go of her hand and Y/n shuffles away a little more just to be safe.

"Moving on, have you seen any of the other stuff that's opened up?"

"No.. I've been standing outside here making sure nobody comes in ever since it showed up."

"Are you just gonna stay there all day? I can make you a lock if you want."

"What? You can do that?"

"Of course I can! One time I was in a hotel room, and there was someone outside trying to get in, they broke the lock so I used my shoelace to keep the door shut."

"..I honestly have no clue how you're alive. How do you lock it?"

"You have to be on the inside first.. just.. cover my eyes."

"You can't look. If you do it'll be really painful.. for you."

Y/n just nods, she squeezes her eyes shut and covers them. Maki opens the door, she has one hand over her eyes and the other out in front of her so she can feel around.

"Which way's the door?"

"Turn around to the left."

She turns around slightly.

"You can look now."

She opens her eyes, she's facing the doorway, she resists the urge to turn around and look.

"Okay, so I have to close the door, but it'll only be a few seconds, I can assure you I won't look.. because I don't want to die." She chuckles.

"Just hurry."

Y/n closes the door. She thinks for a second. What could possibly be so bad that's in here? But then again, Maki really seemed like she didn't want anyone seeing. Maybe it's embarrassing.. well.. Maki is her friend. And friends don't trick each other

She pulls out her shoelace and threads it through the door, she pulls it back in through under the lock part, she opens the door a little and slides through.

(I have no idea if this works in real life)

"Okay, so, all I have to do is tie it, then it's locked."

"..And how do I get back in?"

"It's a one time thing, just cut it to get in. Here, you can have my other shoelace, in case you need to get in and out again." She pulls out the shoelace on her other shoe and hands it to Maki.

"..Yeah.. got it."

"Heyy! You guys!" Kokichi comes out from around the corner. "What's up? I don't care. Monokuma has an announcement to make in the dining hall.. so you should hurry up. Go on then."