13

"Why were you coughing when we lit the candles again?" Shuichi asks Y/n, Maki and Kaito standing beside them.

"..." Y/n thinks about wether she should tell them or not. "..Do you promise to believe me?"

He nods.

"..I was just singing like everyone else.. then someone put their hand over my mouth and nose for ages, I couldn't breathe at all but then the song started to finish so they let go and pushed me on the floor."

"Who? I'll kill them." Maki says immediately.

"I don't know who.. it was pitch black and I was panicking a bit too much to try and see if I could figure it out."

"Oh? What's this? Someone tried to kill Y/n? Maybe it was.. Angie's spirit?" Kokichi walks up to them and joins in the conversation.

"S-Spirit!?" Kaito gasps

"Maybe Angie was planning to murder Y/n and came back from the dead to finish her off!"

"..I doubt it. If that was the case, Tenko wouldn't have been killed. And Y/n hardly spoke with Angie." Maki rolls her eyes

"Of course not! I'm just trying to scare Kaito!" Kokichi laughs

"You little-!" Kaito says angrily

Maki quickly pulls Y/n aside. "Do you know who did it?"

"I already told you.. I don't know."

"You could be lying and just trying to protect whoever did it.. was it Shuichi?"

"No! I'm not lying!"

"Like how you're lying about being sick? I'm not an idiot, unlike Kaito."

"..." Y/n looks to the side.

"Stop.. keeping secrets. I'm tired of secrets. So just give it up." Maki turns away from Y/n and walks off.

Y/n feels bad. But she just continues trying to investigate, then it's time for the class trial.

After a little while of discussing Tenko's death, they come to the conclusion that whoever tried to suffocate Y/n is the same person who killed Tenko.

"But.. who is it?" Gonta asks

"It was definitely someone in the room and doing the ritual.. there's no way anyone else could've gotten in, or if they did, they wouldn't be able to navigate in the pitch black." Shuichi says.

"Maybe we can use process of elimination. Who do we know it couldn't possibly have been out of everyone in the room?" Tsumugi asks

"It's not Himiko.. that's for sure. I was trying to pull their hands off.. and they were definitely bigger than Himiko's hands." Y/n says

"Hmph.." Himiko looks a little annoyed at that.

"It wasn't Shuichi either.. he isn't that much taller than me."

"So.. that leaves one person left." Shuichi looks straight towards Korekiyo.

"Ah.. you truly believe it's me?"

"Confess already.. you killed Tenko.." Himiko says

"But what evidence do you have? You're going to let the fate of all our lives rest on the statement of one person? How do we know Y/n is telling the truth?"

"Then we'll find more evidence! Right Shuichi!?" Kaito says

And they do.. they figure out the seesaw trick, the cut floorboards, the fact he was the one that added the extra lines of salt.