12

It's probably about 3 or 4 am. Maki fell asleep hours again, but Y/n can't. She's tired but can't sleep. She's never felt like this for any sickness before. And as a kid she pretty much had every common sickness there is at one point or another.. so what is this?

'Maybe I popped a blood vessel when I was training.. what even happens when you pop a blood vessel? What even is a blood vessel? Can you pop it? I kind of want to find out now.. maybe Kokichi will be up to try.' She thinks to herself, trying to stay as quiet as possible so that she doesn't wake Maki up. She shuffles to the end of the bed and gets off, creeping to the bathroom.

She looks in the mirror.. she looks.. rough.. to say the least.

She splashes cold water on her face and tries to fix her hair. It works a little. She already missed most of training yesterday, she was so excited to train as well, so she can't miss anymore. She decides to just deal with whatever's wrong. She's never had any problems with a bad immune system or getting better from being sick, so it'll be fine.

She comes out of the bathroom, Maki is still peacefully asleep. Y/n gets back onto the bed, she knows she has no hope of getting any sleep so she just lies and leans on Maki. Maki is surprisingly very warm.

In the morning Maki gets up early, Y/n pretends to be asleep as she doesn't want Maki to worry.

After she hears the morning announcement, she gets up, Maki is just sitting down and waiting.

"You shouldn't rely on the morning announcement to wake you up, because then you'll start getting used to this place." Maki says

"..Um.. I guess you're right.. why didn't you just wake me up then?" Y/n yawns and gets off the bed.

"Because you're sick. You should be getting rest."

"I feel fine now. I guess I just trained too hard. I was just overreacting, don't worry about it."

"..Are you su-"

"Yes. I'm 100% sure. I feel perfectly fine."

The doorbell rings as soon as she stands up, so she goes up to it.

"Y/n! Angie is planning to do the ritual, we have to hurry and stop her! Do you think you can help?" Kaito shouts, Shuichi standing behind him

"Mhm. I'm feeling fine now, I'm happy to help."

"Also.. have you seen Maki? We went to her dorm but she didn't answer the door.." Shuichi says

"Oh, she's in here." Y/n gestures for Maki to come over, so she comes from around the side of the room which isn't visible at the door.

"Wait.. did you guys.. sleep together?" Shuichi looks a bit caught off guard

"Do you wanna die?" Maki glares at Shuichi.

"D-Die.!?" Shuichi steps back a little.

Y/n chuckles. "That's Maki for you.. we just had a sort of sleepover. I guess. Anyway, shouldn't we be stopping Angie?"

They all agree, and make their way to Angie's lab.

While walking, Kaito looks really pale and he's sweating a lot, and then he looks at Y/n.