10

I didn't love the different povs so we're stopping that.

---

Mitch sat for almost the whole night just going over his suspects. He had a pretty good idea of who it might be, he wasn't going to act on things now, he was going to wait to see how things play out.

What does this mean? Scott's mind was racing as he was trying to figure out what this all meant.

Ever since Stiles came back everything's gone all wrong, but to think back, things never did exactly go right when he was around either.

"What the hell does this mean?" a voice spoke.

Not being able to tell who it was, Scott just shook his head completely disregarding the question entirely.

He doesn't know. He's just as confused as them.

"Braeden, Theo, and Liam," Scott spoke, authority seeping through his words.

"Find Stilinski and see if he knows anything, he's Stiles' Dad, if there's one thing we can rely on right now, it's their bond; try and see if Stiles has spoken to him yet, and get all the information you can."

Theo looked as if he was about to protest until Braeden threatened to leave the two behind as she got her keys.

Looking around, Scott noticed Derek, Hayden, and Malia, still stood around Lydia, it was no doubt overwhelming her, and he hated to say it but, he needed to know what she was talking about and there was no way she would say anything with so many eyes on her.

So he quickly came up with a plan to make Lydia feel as safe and comfortable as she could at this very moment.

"Malia, Derek, and Hayden," he paused for a moment, thinking out his next words carefully, "go and find Stiles," Scott could see Malia start to protest but he instantly shut her down by glowing his blood-red eyes at her signaling for her to stand down.

"We don't know what he's fully capable of yet, so don't engage in anything without my word. Got it?" He asked like there was a choice when they all knew it wasn't up for discussion.

They all nodded as they headed for the door.

"Malia?"

Malia turned her head, one foot already out the door.

"Be careful," Scott hesitated for a moment, "I love you."

All Malia did was nod back in return, and click the door shut in response. 

An awkward whistle was heard from his left, he turned his head to see Isaac, eyebrows high, obviously mocking him.

"That's rough man," Isaac outstretched his hand and landed it on his alphas shoulder, "not even an 'I love you too.'" he sucked in a breath through his teeth.

Scott looked at him bemused shrugging his hand off his shoulder and turned back to Lydia.

Before Scott could get a word out, Lydia spoke, but this time she spoke like she was more in the present now.

"Stiles, he's not the same anymore," she paused.

"Yeah, we kind of figured that already," Isaac spoke.

"Not the same how?" Scott asked, pretending like he didn't hear Isaac.

"I don't know where to start."

"How about the beginning."

"Remember that terrorist attack that happened a couple of years ago?" She spoke.

"Yeah.. how could I forget, it was a tragedy." Now Scott was confused, "what did this have to do with Stiles?"

"I'm getting there," she spoke.

"Happened around the same time Stiles broke off all contact with us correct?"

Scott and Isaac nodded, both still confused at what she was trying to get at here.

"Think about it," she exclaimed, "Stiles cuts off all contact exactly when the terrorist attack happened." she looked at them, eyes hopeful they knew what she was getting at.

All she got was blank stares in return.

She sighed, she hoped she didn't have to resort to telling them everything that happened, she felt his pain when she touched him, and Lydia felt sorry for him. She wouldn't wish what she saw on her biggest enemies. No one should have to go through that, especially not alone either.

"Scott," she looked him dead in the eyes as she spoke, "when I touched him, I saw things, things no one should have to ever experience, I felt his pain, every single emotion he felt until he finally snapped," Lydia sighed sadly.

"His fiancé died right in front of him Scott," there was a brief moment of silence before she continued, "he wanted revenge, he let his anger take control of him so he went out and tried to avenge his fiancé, turns out the CIA had been tracking him the whole time and they ended up recruiting him," Lydia hesitated before continuing, "they trained him, trained him to control his anger best they could, trained him to kill."

Scott furrowed just eyebrows, letting the newfound information sink in.

"So he's a weapon, is what you're saying?" Isaac spoke.

Lydia turned her head towards Isaac so fast, that Scott got whiplash watching it.

"What? No, no that's not what I'm saying at all!"

"Then what is he?" Isaac's voice rose, "a ticking time bomb is what he is. It's only a matter of time before he kills us all-"

"No! he's not a ticking time bomb," Lydia spoke angrily, "listen to yourself!"

"Listen to myself?! Listen to yourself! You said it yourself, he's a trained killer, an assassin."

Scott, who's stayed silent the whole time, finally spoke, "We've gotta call the others back, tell them what's happening."

——

sorry I haven't been posting in a while, butttt THANK YOU ALL SM FOR 19k VIEWS THIS IS CRAZY!!
hope u enjoy this little filler chapter! I hope it makes sense!

word count: 954