167

Chapter 167 It’s Hard to Change One’s Nature

After putting aside these angel souls for the time being, Roy finally received news from the Demon Eyes he released, so he brought Julia to the place where one of the Seven Deadly Sins lurked.

In fact, one of the reasons why he had promised Fury of the Four Horsemen to help her hunt down the Seven Deadly Sins was that Roy was a little curious about the origin of the power of these Seven Deadly Sins and if it had anything to do with the Seven Deadly Sin Demon Kings of the Abyss.

Of course, Roy certainly knew that he could only act within his own abilities. It was precisely because Roy had observed the battle between Fury and Envy (false) in Vulgrim’s Purgatory Space that he could roughly determine that the strength of the Seven Deadly Sins was only at the high-rank demon level. This was why he was willing to accept the mission. If the strength of the Seven Deadly Sins exceeded Roy’s abilities, then he would have never taken over.

However, even though the Seven Deadly Sins only had strength at the high-rank demon level, they were actually very difficult to deal with. In the demon hierarchy, high-rank demons were already quite powerful. They were the leaders and commanders of the demon armies. Once the people of other worlds encountered high-rank demons in their worlds, they would feel as though they were facing formidable enemies and would not hesitate to send a large number of troops to surround and annihilate them.

Especially in some worlds, if the natives were not clear about the hierarchy of the demons, they might treat a high-rank demon as a demon king. In the history books of certain worlds, when describing a demon king, they would often use all sorts of words to describe how terrifying the demon king was. But in fact, the demon king they described was maybe only a high-rank demon in the Abyss… A more specific description to describe the strength of a high-rank demon was that they could easily destroy a large city! When it came to demon lords, they could easily destroy a country. When it came to demon kings like Samael, they could easily destroy a world, a planet! The battle between Samael and the Destroyer had caused the Earth’s crust to change, chaotic weather, and frequent disasters. This was proof.

Roy was now a high-rank demon, so he also had the power to destroy a city easily… One of the Demon Eyes had found a strange figure. This figure was roaming through the destroyed buildings of humans, seemingly collecting something. When Roy and Julia rushed to the area where the Demon Eye was, they found that it was indeed one of the Seven Deadly Sins!

It was a… goblin-like creature carrying a huge bag on its back. The bag was so big that it was several times the size of this goblin creature, and it looked heavy. However, the skinny goblin effortlessly carried this huge bag and wandered around. And from time to time, he threw some shiny things into it.

There was no need to think too much. When Roy saw this goblin creature, he guessed its identity. It was one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Avarice!

The Best Way to Earn Money Fastly
News
The shiny things this goblin collected were all gold and jewelry. Before the End War, these items might have been very valuable in the human world; but after the End War, they became the most useless things. They could not turn into food to feed the survivors, and they could not be used to bribe the angels and demons for a chance of survival for humans, so they were naturally abandoned.

The ruins that Roy and Julia were in seemed to have a large bank in front. However, the building had been flattened, and the underground vault was open. Countless colorful bills were scattered everywhere in this area, but this goblin, Avarice, ignored the money and only searched for shiny gold.

Just as Fury had said, these Seven Deadly Sins were indeed not demons. Among demons, there were no such existences like goblins. This goblin was merely a ‘vessel’ Avarice possessed…