21: Coming Home

I woke up in a dimly lit room, the walls built out of bricks and cinder blocks, the floors made of a cold cement.

There weren't any windows, just a single light, and I sat in a lone chair on the far side of the small area.

My head was pounding like crazy, making me even more disoriented. I had no idea where the hell I was or what was going on.

The last thing I remember was seeing Toge in the back of the car when Gojo transported me. I wasn't mad at him for making me sleep, he was just following orders from his teachers.

Fucking Suguru and Gojo. Those assholes.

I tried to move out of my foggy state, but immediately struggled. It took me a moment, but I finally realized I was chained down in this damn chair, my arms cuffed behind the back of it.

I tried to use my ice to break myself out of this, but it wasn't working. It was like all my cursed energy had been cut off, and my body was way too weak to physically break out of all the restraints.

Did they beat me up or something? Or was this just a side effect of the cursed speech technique?

I let out a loud sigh of frustration as I leaned my head back, staring up at the ceiling. This is what I get for trusting anyone besides myself.

I picked my head up as the door opened and rolled my eyes at the sight.

"Why'd you only bring the mean ones?" I huffed out. Gojo was with the sexist dude and the old ass guy who looked like he should've died 100 years ago.

But after they came in, 2 more joined them. One I had never seen and then one of my other favorites.

"Nanami! It's so good to see you!" I smiled at him.

He cleared his throat awkwardly as his eyes scanned around me being tied up, "L/n."

"How the hell are you still so chirpy," Gojo grumbled.

"Where's Suguru?"

A smug little smirk crossed his face, "He doesn't want to see you."

"Gojo, I know you don't drink, but you really fucking should. It might loosen you up a little."

"You're in no position to be using that smart ass mouth of yours!" he yelled back.

I glanced down at my current state, "Yea what the hell is this all about? Seems excessive."

"Not for someone like you it's not," the old man glared at me.

"Who's the new guy," I nodded my head over to the huge ass man who could probably break me like a twig if he wanted to.

"Todo," he introduced himself.

"Oh you're Yuuji's friend!" I smiled at him. "It's great to finally meet you!"

He raised a brow at me, "You know my brother?"

"Mm, I'm actually his favorite sensei now," I laughed a little bit.

I watched as he glanced over at the other men he was with, looking pretty skeptical.

"Is that true?" Todo asked.

Gojo said no, but at the same time, Nanami said yes.

Todo's eyes narrowed as he looked at Gojo, "I thought you said she was dangerous and a traitor? Brother would never like someone unless they were good."

I didn't know why he kept calling Yuuji his brother but I guess it didn't matter. This was good news for me because it meant that while some of these guys might hate me, I still have a few I could maybe get on my side. Nanami and Todo.