24: Promises

planned out the rest of the story and i'm honestly so mf stoked about it.

i don't love this chap but gotta keep pushing past the writer's block so i hope it's decent at least lol.

thanks for reading thoooo 🖤

••••

Today had been so perfect.

At least the second half of it.

Being home felt too good to be true, especially after the week I was having. I felt like I was moments away from cracking underneath the pressure, but seeing Baba made me so much lighter.

Being home reminded me of who I am, of all the powerful and brave people I descended from. This trial, as great as it may be, was nothing I couldn't handle.

It was a nice night and I decided to go outside for some fresh air. I also thought I had seen Suguru head out a little bit ago, and I was so eager to get him alone.

Every part of me missed him. Love had made me so gentle, so vulnerable, but it also made me so full. This feeling, I'd do anything to keep it alive inside of me forever- especially for him.

I walked outside, smiling as I saw him sitting on the porch, his legs dangling off the edge. He was smoking as he stared up at the sky.

The way the moonlight reflected off of him, it accentuated all of his sharp, angled features. My breathing quickened just at the sight of it.

I really hope he still loves me the same way I love him.

I sat down next to him, "Don't let Baba see you smoking. She'll smack the shit out of you."

He laughed softly, "Yea, I don't doubt that."

"It's beautiful out here isn't it?" I asked as I turned to look at him, blushing when I caught him already staring.

"It is," he nodded as he put out his cigarette before turning to get closer to me. "A beautiful place with the most beautiful girl."

I closed my eyes and smiled softly as I let him brush my hair back, already feeling my heart start to race with his touch.

"Suguru," I whispered out. "I'm so in love with you."

As soon as I said that, he gently grabbed my face with both hands and pulled me in to kiss him.

I was so concerned whether or not he still felt the same way about me, but as his lips met mine, I knew how much he cared. I could feel it radiating from him. It was undeniable.

"I'm so in love with you too Y/n," he smiled as we pulled apart.

My heart fluttered as he rested his forehead against mine, continuing to softly stroke my face.

"Are you ready to talk about what happened this morning?" I asked him.

He carefully pulled me over onto his lap holding me in his arms as I nuzzled into his chest. I wanted to stay safely there forever, listening to the calming sound of his heartbeat and soft breaths.

"No one thinks I should trust you," he finally spoke.

"No one?" I huffed out. "So you mean Gojo."

"And a few others."

"Who? Those other assholes I keep meeting?" I picked my head up to look at him. "Because I know it's not Nanami. And I know it's not the students."

"It's not that simple," he mumbled out.

He turned his head away from me, but I quickly pulled it back. He needed to look at me. I needed him to see just how serious I am about him.