Chapter 5

Nini laid across her bed writing all her events into her planner. She was the super organized type and she hated for things to be out of place.

"Hey sweetie, you hungry?"Cece asked as she entered Nini's room and she smiled and nodded.

"Okay I'll be right back with food for you" Cece smiled

"Thanks mom" Nini said then her mom left the room. After her mom was out the room Nini had an incoming call from Kourtney

"Hey Kourt" Nini answered the phone

"Nini. What are you doing like right now?"

"Just organizing my stuff in my planner why?"

"You have plans tonight?"

"No why?"

"Start getting ready I'm taking you to this party."

"Kourt I don't think that's a good idea. I have school in the morning and a bunch of homework to do. I don't think I can tonight"

"I don't remember asking if you can"

"Kourtttt" Nini whined

"Niniiiiiii" kourt dragged out mockingly to Nini

"Kourt I can't" Nini said sternly

"Great. I'll be there in 15 minutes" Kourt said hung up the phone before Nini could say anything.

Nini sighed and went to her closet looking for and outfit to wear. Nini didn't really go to many parties so she didn't know exactly what she wanted to wear.

I saw a red sweater in my closet that said "mental vacation" on it in white words and accompanied it with a pair of blue ripped jeans.

Nini wasn't extremely into makeup but she did simple things such as eyebrows and lip gloss. She straightened up her eyebrows, and applied a little eyeliner before throwing a couple curls into her hair and applying some lip gloss.

She looked at herself in the mirror happy with the way that her outfit came together. Then she went back to her planner finishing what she was doing before she started getting ready.

"Here you go sweetie" Cece said handing Nini a plate with a sandwich and potato chips on it.

"Thanks mom" Nini smiled accepting the plate

"You look pretty. Where are you going?" Cece said noticing Nini's change in appearance from when she was in her room earlier.

Nini previously had her hair in a messy bun and an old shirt and biker shorts.

"Kourt wants me to go to this party with her. I'll probably spend the night at her house tonight, it's just easier to go to 1 destination instead of 2" Nini told her mom

"Okay, just don't stay out too late sweetie" Cece said. She completely trusted Nini, Nini knew not to do anything to ruin her reputation so Cece honestly wasn't worried

"I won't" Nini said as Cece exited the room and Nini continued to organize everything into her planner.

"I told you that you couldn't pull Nini, she's too much of a good girl for you." Big red said to Ricky kinda upsetting Ricky. Ricky knew that if he tried hard enough he could get nini.

"You wanna bet that?" Ricky asked confidently. After leaving his spot he felt rejuvenated and his head was definitely in a better place.

"How much?" Big red asked

"Do y'all really have to bet money on this? Is it really that serious?" Ej butt in

"Butt out Ej" Both Ricky and Big Red said together. They were currently in Big Red's basement. They decided they were going to the party taking place tonight but Ricky was the only one with a car.

"I'll put $40 on that" Ricky said pulling 2 20's out his pocket. He didn't know where this confidence came from but he was definitely hoping it paid off in the end.

"Alright" Big red said taking 2 20's out his pocket and setting it on the table.

Ricky grabbed a jar that was sitting on the nearby table and put the $80 in the jar.

"If I can get Nini to fall for me, I get to keep this entire jar . If I can't you can keep it"

"Deal" Big red said and the three of them got ready to go to the party.

•••

Nini and Kourt entered the party and music was blaring on the speakers. This definitely wasn't Nini's comfort zone but she wasn't completely uncomfortable.

Kourt spotted Ashlyn and Gina and dragged Nini along with her over to them.

"How did you even get Nini out the house" Gina laughed knowing that Nini doesn't usually come to parties like this

"I forced her to come with me"

"Yeah I should be at home doing homework right now"

"Come on Nini, live a little" Ashlyn said. They were tired of Nini being cooped up in her room studying all day everyday. She should be enjoying her high school days before they're up.

"Living a little isn't gonna get me into college"

"If you don't live a little now you're gonna look back on it when you're older and wish you did. Come on Nini. Have a little fun." Gina said and Nini nodded

Nini scanned the room spotting Ricky along with big red and EJ. He smirked at her and she turned her head quickly

He's bad news, he's bad news, he's bad news, he's bad news  Nini repeated to herself trying to talk some sense into herself. She knew that smirk made her weak and if she were to look into his eyes she'd give in immediately

He was wearing a plain white shirt with a black leather jacket with a pair of black jeans and Nini liked what she saw. She was really struggling to stay strong with him.

Nini wasn't the only one taken off guard by the others looks. Ricky definitely noticed a difference in Nini's appearance and he loved it. He took in the clearness of her skin, the bounce of her curls, the brightness of her smile. He couldn't help but smile himself.

Ricky needed to act and he needed to act fast. He needed to win this bet with big red so if he was gonna win, he needed to start right away.

Ricky headed over to Nini and her friends with the same confidence that he had earlier.

"Hey Nini can I talk to you?" He asked and Nini's eyes went wide. She didn't expect him to approach her in public like that

"What do you need to talk to her for?" Kourtney asked protectively.

"I think that's between us" Ricky chuckled

"Okay talk" Nini said with her arms folded

"Can we talk...alone?"

"Fine" Nini said walking off with him

A/N
I know exactly where I'm going to take this. Y'all just gotta stay with me on the ride! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and are enjoying this story! Tysm for reading! Vote and comment please!