Chapter 14

"Mom, Dad, I'm about to leave out but I wanted to talk first" Nini said approaching her parents. She didn't know how they'd feel about her and Ricky having to work on a project together

"What is it sweetheart?" Nini's dad asked. Nini was definitely a daddy's girl and he looked at her like an angel. He'd do anything to protect Nini.

"Well I was assigned this project at school, but we got assigned partners to do it with. My partner is Richard so I'll be spending time with him more often"

"Richard who?"

"Bowen, Richard Bowen mom"

"Richard Bowen as in the town bad boy" Cece asked and Nini nodded. Worry noticeably washed over both their faces. Ricky's reputation was a horrible one and just Nini associating with him could definitely negatively effect their image.

"I don't like that boy. Not one bit" Lenord said. He had heard so many things about Ricky at work because Ricky's dad Mike worked in the same office as him. He couldn't believe some of the things Ricky got himself into.

"Neither do I dad, but this project is a really big one. I can't just refuse to do it."

"Can you request a partner change?" Cece proposed

"I tried already, there's no way she can switch it."

"Okay, then when you're with him remember you have an image to maintain Nini."

"I know mom" Nini smiled small "and one more thing"

"What is it Nini?"

"You know how I told you I was casted as the lead, Gabriella in the school musical?"

"Yes and we are very proud of you" Lenard said

"Well, Ricky he was uh casted as the male lead Troy. And Troy is gabriella's love interest"

"Quit"

"Huh?"Nini asked confused

"Quit the musical. I don't want you around that boy more than you have to be."

"But dad"

"No buts. Quit the musical"

"You don't care that I've been dreaming about being the lead in a musical since...I can't even remember how long ago it was. Everytime I'd get a role as a tree or a spoon my confidence would take a hit. I never thought that I was good enough dad, but when I was casted as Gabriella something in me changed. Ms.Jen saw something in me that not even you guys saw. I didn't even see it myself, and you want me to give that up because Richard Bowen is in it? What about my happiness?"

"What about your reputation Nina? You just gonna throw all the years we've spent building it up away?"

"It's acting dad! Just putting on a show. I don't like Richard anymore than you do but I love acting and I'm not gonna let him take that away from me.You're acting like I'm asking to marry him or something"

"Nina I'm proud of you, I really am but you have to remember that you have a reputation to look after and uphold. Are you willing to throw all those years that you worked to build that reputation away? Just for a little play?"

"What about what makes me happy? If that little play makes me happy then I'd expect you to support me"

"It's just not logical to me Nina"

"So you'd rather protect my reputation than want me to be happy?" She asked and Lenord remained silent giving her his answer. "Wow. So much for a supportive father" Nini said before leaving out for school.