Chapter Three

I woke up due to the sunlight after calling out for Maya chachi to close the curtains. I reluctantly opened my eyes and it took me sometime to recollect where i am.

I stood up from the bed, wait, how did I end up on the bed. The last thing I remember is checking out this boring room.

I sat on the bed again looking around and saw my things at a corner in the room.

I really need to change my clothes, i still have poonam's wedding dress on and it is so heavy.

I ran to where my things was and took out my clothes and other things I needed and went to the washroom to freshen up, glad that sadhil was not in the room.

When I was done with my morning business and went out of the room, since I'm not familiar with the house, I had to find my way around.

The house is very big and I think I got lost while trying to look for the way outside the house because I need to have a walk, and now I am also hungry but I can't order anything because I don't have my phone with me.

I got to the pool area and it was really big with rays of sunshine shining in the water, i was admiring the place when I bumped into something or perhaps someone.

I closed my eyes waiting for my sweet sweet butt to hit the floor, but the pain never came. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw his face, his hand was on my waist holding me in place and preventing me from falling.

He made me stand straight and I quickly muttered sorry to him. I turned to leave but he said something that made me pause.

"mom wants to see you, she said she has something important to tell you" he said.

"where is she?" I asked.

"In the kitchen" he replied.

"can you show me around to the kitchen" I said. He nodded and led the way to the kitchen.

"Good morning aunty" I greeted sadhil's mother.

"morning beta, how was your night?" she asked.

"fine" I replied.

"today is your first day here and as per tradition, you have to prepare breakfast for everyone" she said and I nodded.

I asked for everyone's preferences and set on to make breakfast. I'm not the cooking type of person but I have to do this.

I made Aloo Gobi, dal makani, palak Paneer, aloo parathas and kheer.
I was really exhausted after making all these food.

The maids in the house had already set the table and everyone was already seated there.

After breakfast, aunty called me,

"yes aunty" I answered.

"beta you are married to my son drop all the formalities, stop calling me aunty, you can call me Mumma. okay?"

"yes au....mumma" I said.

"good, today you will be going over to your house and sadhil will pick you up tonight" she said and I nodded happily.

"can I stay for one more day?" i asked.

"no, I know you miss your family but you can't stay for one more day, tomorrow is you and sadhil's reception party and how can a reception party happen without the bride" she replied and I pouted, I thought I could spend some time with dad but I can't because of the reception party.

Sadhil came down the stairs in his casuals and aunty sorry mumma told me to go get ready.

In ten minutes, i was ready and I joined sadhil in the living room who led the way to the car.

The ride to my house was very quiet and it was eating me out. Sadhil was driving and I was sitting beside him.

It's not like I'm a chatterbox or maybe I am but I really enjoy having a good conversation while going somewhere, it helps to keep my spirit high.

"why did you agree to marry me?" i asked trying to start up a conversation.

"same reason as yours" he replied.

"for my dad?" I asked confused.

"No, I meant for mum and dad, saving reputation. He said and I nodded.

"even after knowing I'm older?" i asked.

"yes, still the same reason" he replied.

"do you love her?" I asked.

"who?" he asked before knowing who I was talking about. He remained quiet and didn't say anything. I shouldn't have asked him that, of course he loves her.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked you that, I'm sure you love her" i said.

"I'm sorry" he said.

"sorry for what?" I asked.

"for what I said yesterday, i shouldn't have blamed you for poonam running away, you were also forced into this marriage just like me" he said.

"it's okay" i replied.

We got to my house and I hurriedly got out of the car. Chachu was outside jogging, i saw him and ran to him. He hugged me and told me to go inside the house.

Maya chachi was watching TV and dad was reading a newspaper.

"dad!" I yelled before running to hug him. Dad stood up from where he was sitting, he opened his arms and wrapped them around me when I hugged him, I went to hug chachi too and she kissed my forehead.

"I missed you all so much" i said.

"did you come alone?" chachi asked.

"no, sadhil came with me" i said looking around for him

"I'm here" sadhil said as he walked in.

"come in, come in sadhil" dad beckoned to him.

"namaste uncle" sadhil said and tried touching dad's feet.

"no dear don't call me uncle call me dad now and don't try to touch my feet here our kids hug us." dad said and pulled him into a hug.

Sadhil left saying that he needs to go to the office cause there something he has to attend to something urgently, that he would later pick me up in the night.

I spent the day talking to dad, helped Maya chachi. And had a good sleep and Packed my remaining things.

when I come here from America I pack just few things, because I have more clothes here in India that I can wear for my entire stay before I go back to America but since I am not going back to america any time soon, why not pack them.

Dad asked me how I was treated, and I answered him honestly That nobody has been treating me in a bad manner. I'm really grateful that no body has given me any hateful remark. Like all the mother in-laws in soap operas, that let you marry their son only to torture and torment you.

Dad told me to give this marriage a chance.

Sadhil came when we wanted to have dinner, chachi, dad and chachu persuaded him to have dinner with us.

After dinner, we bid dad, chachi and chachu good night, i would have really loved to spend some more time with them but tomorrow is our reception party, we invited dad and everyone else before we left.

Another update, vote and comment, it really motivates me.

Stay safe and always wear a nose mask. Covid-19 is real.