Chapter Twenty-One

Anwita's POV

"That you're a murderer" sasha said and I went pale. She's a dangerous person from my past and one of the reasons I tried to...

"Excuse you miss" I heard sadhil's voice behind us. Sasha had a wicked smirk on her face and she slowly turn to look behind us at sadhil. I copied her actions.

"Yes, your wife, Anwita here is a murderer. You see, I have known her since highschool that is a very long time for me to know more about her than you. She's a conniving slut, and I think she's not meant for you, you need a woman like me and not some bi**h like her who kills people. She is a psychopath." Sasha said her voice spitting venom and hatred for me. I didn't say a word, I just looked around glad that everyone else were now outside seeing eshana and jiju off. It was just sadhil, Sasha and I and a few guests in a corner of the hall who were so engrossed in their discussion.

"Neither will I have you talk to my wife like that, nor will I have you call her names" sadhil said his eyes had fire and anger in them and I was scared he was going to do something to sasha but he didn't, he just gave me the bottle of water he got for me and I held his arm trying to calm him down. He did calm down, but his glare on sasha remained there.

"Who invited you here by the way?" I asked finding my voice.

"I did"

we all turn to look at the owner of the voice.

"Tony Bajaj? You?" Sadhil said his anger rising again. He has never really liked tony since they fought.

"Yeah, me. I brought her here, she's my date. I'm sorry if she's being a nuisance, I will have her apologize to anwita" tony said.

"I'm not a nuisance, I'm just speaking the truth and I am not apologizing to anyone" sasha protested as she eyed me.

"Your apology is not needed because now I will like to talk to my wife in private" Sadhil said and I could see surprise on Tony's face. I expected it, after all he wasn't aware of our marriage.

"As you wish" Tony said and dragging reluctant sasha along with him, while sadhil held my hand in his as he led me out of the hall to a garden outside the hall but in the hotel premises. He made me sit on the swing and he sat next to me.

"Anwita, I really didn't like everything that woman said about you" he started, his eyes showed annoyance and they softened when he looked at me. "I want to know everything that happened. I will understand if you are not ready to talk about it" he added. I nodded my head in negation. I am ready to share everything with him, it is anyway high time he knows.

"I'm ready. I will tell you all of it, I don't think I can have it locked up in me anymore and whatever your decision will be, I will accept it.

" It was eighteen years back, when I was ten, my mom had just gotten her reports from the hospital that she was pregnant. I was happy, everyone was happy to have an additional person join the family. I told mom I wanted to go to the mall to pick out clothes for the baby and that I also wanted to celebrate having another younger sibling. Everyone disagreed but I wouldn't take no for an answer because I was used to getting whatever I wanted, I cried and made poonam join me in crying. Mom couldn't bare us crying anymore so she agreed to take us out to celebrate, poonam fell asleep before we left, I guess it was due to the crying she did and we didn't take her along. Mom and I left the house together in her car on the way, we made a list of names for the baby" I smiled at the memory before I continued.

"Mom decided that it was better to go to the mall to pick out a few clothes saying we didn't know the gender of the baby yet. I agreed happy that I was going to pick out clothes for the baby. after shopping for clothes, mom took me to the food court and we ordered food before we went to the games section. After hours, mom said it was time to go home, and we headed to the parking lot. There, we saw a group of men waiting beside mom's car and mom tried to talk to them, they didn't listen. The next thing I saw was a man grabbing a fistful of mom's hair and hitting her head on the window of the car. I panicked and ran to mom only to be slapped and kicked. Mom screamed, begged, called for help but none of it worked and they dragged us into a black van with tinted windows. We traveled for hours and throughout the ride, mom held me close to her. I was so scared I didn't dare ask her questions became I was so afraid of what might happen if I did" I looked at sadhil making sure he was still paying attention and he was. I looked around me into the small pond in the garden.