Chapter 59

"I know this is a lot to take in Kara, and you need time and support to come to a decision, but honestly time is not on your side. I fear for your safety and your wellbeing, if the Alpha comes back and you haven't aborted the pup -"

"p-please excuse me, i-I just need a-a minute"

"ofcourse, I completely understand, I'll just be next door for a few moments"

He quietly gets up and leaves the room, gently shutting the door behind him.

What am I going to do? I don't know whether to pull my hair out, cry or shout. I'm 17, well 17 ½ now, how am I supposed to figure things out in the next 5 minutes.

My mind has been going back and forward since I heard Cain's voice. I think I need some air.

I very gently get up from the bed, its then I notice all the wires attached to me, rather than pull them out and cause the alarm to sound, I simply push the off switch. Then I remove everything attached to me. Watching casualty all those year finally came in use.

I think my plan goes well, until I open the door and literally see the doctor standing there, oh shit

"Luna! You need to get back in bed; you're in no condition to be up and wandering round"

I really need to buy a banner, I'm not this packs fucking Luna!!

"Look I've been in bed for 2 days, I need some fresh air and to walk round. Just 5 minutes, that's all I'm asking."

"Ok I appreciate that, but please take it easy, and put some warmer clothes on, there in the unit by the bed. I'll try and give you all the time I can"

"Thank you"

That sounds like a completely reasonably idea. I go back into my room and begin to change. Nothing exciting, but a navy tracksuit with some trainers, at least I won't have to get muddy feet now.

I head back out my door, and look down the corridors. Yep, lost. Absolutely no idea where I am in the building, or how to get out. In situations like this, I'm sure people normally go right when there lost. But I choose to turn left and walk down the corridor.

It's then I notice two voices having a shouting match round the next corner. It's Cain and Ronan, my two least favourite people. I slowly creep up to the corner, conveniently next to an emergency exit, and just peek round; I don't want them to see I'm here.

"You used her heat to draw Kyle out"

"So what if I did. The plan worked, it drew him out"

"At what cost? You didn't even capture him! Look at what happened to Kara"

"Watch your tone Beta. I overlooked it for the last indiscretion, I warned you, there are no second chances"

And that's my cue to leave

"What's upset you more? The fact I fucked her first, or the fact that she actually wanted me?"

And now it's really time to get out of here!

I make a break for it out the hospital, with all the screaming and shouting from the Alpha and Beta, no one will even notice I'm gone, and even if they did, no one will interrupt the fight that's currently going down just to say I'm not in the room anymore.

I run as best as I can for the border behind Cain's house. We were both at the hospital, so it will be the least guarded.

The border is in sight, I'm nearly out of here.

"Kara wait!"

I slam the breaks on and turn to who called me, there's no point trying to outrun anyone. It's Jake. As if nothings holding them back, my eyes release a flood of tears and emotions like I've never known.

"Jake, please. I can't do this anymore, I can't be here. I want to go home"

His face drops, he knows what I'm saying is true, I'm honestly at breaking point and don't know how much more I can handle

"If you leave now, you won't be able to go home, you won't be able to go to another pack for protection, and you'll have to keep on the move. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

I'd have to go rogue, if I went to family or friends, I'd be found and dragged back here. If I went rogue, I'd have half a chance and a head start if I go now.

I nod my head; I understand what I have to do.

I turn round and run. And I don't look back.