Chapter 27

Olivia didn't stay very long, she felt very uncomfortable with what happened, so she just helped me find my room again and just left. I finish my breakfast and thought of what I could do for the rest of the day. I'm not sure what rules they apply to this pack, all I know is that most of the pack seem quite arrogant, just like their Alpha.

I decide to leave the room, and try to find Cain, at the end of the day, I'm in this pack, no matter how much I don't want to – and I really don't want to. I need to find out if we can come to a compromise on my position here, I will not be his Luna or his heir maker, I'm sure there are hundreds of she-wolfs that would be more than willing to take the job on.

Maybe I could just live in this room for the rest of my life, I know I won't be able to make a run for it this time, I'm on territory I don't know, with a pack that knows the layouts and are constantly on patrol, I'm doomed. I just need to be brave and go and see Cain, but it is a very pretty bedroom. No, I will go and find him and sort this mess out!

I open the door, and try and find my way downstairs towards what appears to be the living room. I've not come across a single wolf, how odd for this time of day, maybe they are out and swapping patrols or sparing. I carry on walking, but then I hear that awful voice,

"No Ronan, that's not part of our deal with them!"

Hmm, I wonder if there's a TV in my nice bedroom

"But Cain, you need to be logical about this, you can't keep this up forever"

I'm not sure if this is a meeting that id like to disturb, maybe ill come back another time, when everyone isn't shouting at one another.

I manage to find the front door, and quietly make my way out, nearly running into Olivia.

"Oh, finally someone who I recognise!"

She's still not sure how to deal with me, but at least she is standing up with her head held someone high, even if she doesn't seem to want to talk to me, I'm sure I can change that.

"So, Olivia, would you mind showing me round, it's really boring in that house and I could do with a leg stretch and to get to know my bearings. What do you say?"

"Y-yeah ok then"

YES! I knew she'd be helpful, she just needs a bit of a confidence boost but I'm sure I can bring that out in her.

We have a good 2 hour walk round, she shows me where the pack house is, she explains that the Alpha, his immediate family and his guests stay in the Alpha's house, and the others here. She also agrees that most of the pack wolfs are quite arrogant, but she thinks that's down to the fact she was an Omega. As we keep walking, we come to a huge open space that appears to be the training ground.

I start walking over, I want to see what techniques they use here and who is skilled amongst them, I need to find someone I can fight with as it seems I will be here for a while, and I wouldn't want to get too bored now.

Olivia grabs my arm to stop me

"Kara don't, they don't like women getting involved in the training"

Oh how typical, can women do nothing round here! Timeto put some of these testosterone boys in their place!