Chapter 5

—————Time skip to when Izuku is 11————

Izuku's POV

It's been so long since we ran away from my father, around 5-6 years now. We've been in and out of homeless shelters and friends houses. I'm just so tired. Why did this all have to happen.

Right now me and mom are eating some burgers from the dumpster behind a fast food joint, it's better than nothing.

Me and her used to be so close, we loved each other so much more back then. Over the years she grew to resent me a bit but tried not letting it show. Guess that makes both of my parents. Even I wouldn't want myself..

"Hey Izuku." My mother's words snapped me out of my depressing thoughts. I looked up.

"Cmon we're gonna go back to our little set up." I nodded and began to stand.

We walked for a bit, not sure how long since I was deep in thought most of the time. I'm so useless. Mom barely eats much and saves almost all the food for me. I don't deserve any of it but she insists I eat it all, if I wasted the food I'd feel horrible.

We arrived at our little broken tent that we found in a dump a few days back, it was shredded and barely standing up but it protects us from the rain, sort of.

I sigh and begin to lay down under our shelter, and let sleep consume me

—————————The next morning—————————

I wake up to the sound of sobs, is mom crying? What's wrong?

I sit up and scoot next to her. "Mom? Hey you ok?" I ask her, I continuously rubbed her back to console her.

"I'm sorry Izuku, I'm really sorry." She chokes out between cries.

"Why? There's no need to apologize. You already do so much for me."

"I can't do this anymore, I never wanted to resort to this I didn't!"

"R-resort to what? What are you g-gonna do?" I ask, my voice started to shake as I think of the possibilities.

"I can't keep taking care of you Izuku.."

Her next words made my heart shatter.

"..I-I'm putting you into foster care. It's for t-the best"

I nod and look down at my lap to hide my tears. 'It's for t-the best" her words played again in my mind. I shouldn't be sad, god I'm being so selfish like always! She had to struggle cause I was born. If I wasn't she could be living happily-

My thoughts are cut short by a thump. My heart quickens and I check that she's breathing, good she is. She must of passed out from exhaustion. It happens a lot now.

I sigh and lay down. This might be one of the last times I see my mom. Tears form in my eyes again and streak down my pale freckled cheeks and I cry myself to sleep.

————————The next morning——————————

I wake up and open my eyes but immediately close them, the sun was blinding in my eyes.

I groan from back pain as I start getting up. The sun is high in the sky, guess it's already around noon.

I shake my mom awake and she starts to roll a bit. Her eyes open at she looks up at me to slightly smile.

"Morning Izuku." She speaks and gets up as well.

"Let's go, we have somewhere important to be." Somewhere important? Wha- oh right..

"Yeah" I sigh and start walking behind her.

Time passed and the sun got lower. Reds, pinks, oranges and yellows start to show at the horizon. I've always loved the sunsets, they make life feel a little happier.

We arrive at a large building and mom looks at me. I can't believe this is goodbye.

"Knock on the door and someone will surely let you in. I'm so s-sorry Izuku I really am." Her voice cracks and tears stream down her face, I run up to her and hug her tightly. By now I'm crying too and the wetness dampens her shirt. I don't want her to leave.

I sniffle and she starts to back away to look at me and cups one of my cheeks with her hand, wiping tears away with her thumb.

"I-it's for the best honey, I'm sorry I really am. I wish I could stay with you but I need to keep y-you safe. Stay strong for me yeah?" She says as she cries. I nod and she begins to turn around.

I wipe my tears and try to smile "bye mom. I love you I really do." I say, though I don't think she can hear me, she's already too far away.

I turn around and knock on the big wooden door, anxiously waiting for it to open.

A few seconds later and I hear footsteps on the other side, then it opens to reveal a woman with dark hair in a low bun. Her blue eyes are covered by square glasses resting on her nose which has a bump in it. She looks really stern and it makes me more nervous.

That's the day my life changed.

———————————————————————————

Heyo! Sorry bout this chapter being a little shorter than usual, I just thought this was a good place to stop. Anyways thank you so much for reading! Oh and another apology for making this a bit later than usual. Bye!

(Side note I think I'm gonna just make the chapter names after what number they are, haha I'm not too creative and they sound a bit weird in my opinion.)

6/3/21

945 words ☺️