Chapter 16

Izuku's POV
9 Pm

-Time skip, 1 week later-

Me and Kacchan have been watching movies for a little bit and while I've been trying to concentrate, but I just can't.

Negative thoughts and horrible words keep buzzing in my brain, making me zone out yet again.

Would Kacchan be happier without me here? Probably. But he says he's glad to have me.. that's gotta be a lie right?

Monoma wishes I was dead, dad does, people at the orphanage, people at school too.. I'm starting to think there's nobody who could care about me.

Why would they? I'm just a stupid Deku after all.

"Zuku are you sure you're ok? You've been zoning out a lot." Kacchan snaps me out of my thoughts and places his hand on my thigh. Gosh I need to stop worrying him.

"Y-yeah.. I should just take a walk and clear my head." I say to him, offering a sad smile. He nods and continues to look at me.

"Just don't do anything stupid ok? I'll grab you a hoodie." He stands up and walks towards the bedroom. I walk over to put on my big red sneakers.

He steps out of the room holding a black sweater with an orange X on the front. I smile at him and take it.

After putting his hoodie on I step closer to him and stand on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his shoulders for a hug.

He stands still in shock for a second before placing his arms around my waist, hugging me back. I lean my head into the crook of his neck.

"Thanks so much Kacchan. I'll be back soon ok?"

He sighs before replying.

"Sure, but don't stay out too late cause there's probably some weird people or something." He grumbles.

I giggle and stop hugging him and begin to walk towards the door.

"I'll be careful! Bye Kacchan!"

"Bye you nerd"

I walk outside and shut the door. The sidewalks are empty with only a few lampposts for light, some flickering and buzzing.

I begin to walk down the side of the road. Taking in the chilly summer night air.

Some windows are open and some not, the flashing colors of televisions can be seen through the glass.

I put my hands in the pockets of the hoodie and exhale, watching as my warm breath makes fog in the cold air.

A little while passes and I begin hearing the calming flow of a river, I get drawn to the sound and walk closer.

Once I arrive I see a little wooden bridge over a stream. The running water glistens in the moonlight.

I walk over and lean over the railing, basking in the serene view.

It's a perfect moment and it feels like nothing could ruin it.

"Well lookie here. Looks like we found the little fag." A mocking voice snickers, startled I whip my head around to see who it is.