chapter 32 Honeymoon

On that evening, Darsh received a call from a number he didn't recognize, and he took it. It was, to his surprise, Kritika, Sanjana‘s friend from Dehradun.

  “hello darsh jijaji, kritika here, actually I want to wish sanjana but her phone is continuously coming off, I hope everything is fine.“

  “Hi kritika, yes everything is fine. It's just that she got a light fever from yesterday so maybe she must be sleeping now. I will tell her to call you back.” 

‘ “Ok thanks. Bye. “

  “What day is it?” Darsh quickly opened the file of sanjana’s details, then it hit him: it was her birthday today.

     He immediately made all the preparations for the party. Family members scolded Darsh for his carelessness, when he informed the family members about her birthday.. 

    In the evening, piyali made sanjana ready in a suit telling her they had to attend some business party., Sanjana was just following her orders. Her eyes were blank, with no trace of emotions in it. when sanjana reached the hall, it surprised her to see the birthday decorations, as she never celebrated her birthday and her parents’ death anniversary on the same day.

    They placed a beautiful cake in the center. Family members wished her with so much excitement and love.

.Darsh holds her hand and makes her cut the cake. Then he makes her eat a piece with a kiss on her cheek.. After the cake cutting, everybody gifted Sanjana with expensive gifts, her jewelleryShe accepted with a polite smile. In the dinner all sanjana’. favorite meals were prepared.

     After dinner, everybody retired to their room,when Sanjana was changing her jewelry in front of the mirror. Darsh gave a beautiful chain with a butterfly pendant..

  “ Happy birthday Wifey.”darsh wished her a kiss on her shoulder blade.

      Sanjana even did not react to his touch. Darsh understood he hurt sanjana too much this time. She was just behaving like a corpse.

   " So what did you wish while blowing candles?.” darsh tried to lighten her mood.

  “I wished that this should be my last birthday” darsh was stunned by this answer., after replying to darsh, she went into the closet.

    Darsh was unable to comprehend what had happened and remained standing in a state of shock. First it was Aditi who suffered, but this time he will not let Sanjana be the victim.

Sanjana came out from the closet and kept the gifts in the cupboard without even opening it and went to her side of the bed to sleep. Darsh was a silent spectator to her movements., he also got to his side of bed and tried to sleep.

    Next morning when sanjana left for breakfast, darsh ordered the maids to pack her bag. When sanjana returned to the room, the staff had taken the packed trolley bag out of the room. 

    Darsh gave her a set of jeans and told her to get ready., She silently obeyed his order. When they went into the living room, everyone was present there. Darsh touched the elders feet, Sanjana followed him quietly. Everyone wished them a happy journey. They started their journey to the Airport. On reaching there, the jet was waiting for them. Darsh held her hand and climbed the stairs of the jet. He made her seated in a comfortable seat. The plane took off. darsh was waiting for sanjana to ask about the destination, but sanjana never asked.

       After reaching Paris they went to a luxurious hotel., on reaching the reception, Darsh asked for the honeymoon suite keys. Listening to the word ‘honeymoon', Sanjana's eyes become wide open from surprise.. But she said nothing to him. After reaching the room, both got freshened first then darsh made her sleep for sometime as they were tired from the journey.