Chapter 17

Sophie pov

I was scrolling through the divorce articles when a new article was published with an interview of Shelly.

"Me and Xander had been in love for a long time now. Last time when our picture got leaked he was about to make it official but I stopped him. His wife is a gold digger. She won't leave him. He knew for a long time she was cheating on him with not one but multiple men. But now when he is finally free of her we are thinking of taking next step in our relationship."

"Sure Miss Shelly. We should have guessed that when he refused to charge you with anything. So Miss Shelly, for sure he did fell for your beauty."

"He always said that along with my beauty it was my kind heart."

"Yes, ofcourse. So when can we expect the big news?"

"I will suggest you to be prepared by next year for big news and a good news."

"That is amazing Miss Shelly. So this is Reporter Christian from News Fashionista and this was an exclusive from the rising superstar Miss Shelly who captured young billionaire's heart."

What the hell was that!?!?

Is this true? Why will Xander lie to me. And what does she mean by good news? Is she pregnant? But I saw the picture myself. He was shocked when she kissed him. It was evident. And the photos following it. He clearly pushed her. I now have no clue what is happening but if this keeps going on I will be admitted to a mental asylum soon.

"Sophie, baby its not what it looks like. Trust me I can never cheat on you. I love you way too much. I don't even need attention of any other woman except you."

"I trust you Xander. No matter what I am there for you."

"You trust me baby?"

"Ofcourse, I do Xander. I won't jump to conclusions without discussing it with you first. Till the time you don't tell me to leave, I will never leave your side."

"Baby, they are gathering the photos taken after that photograph. I pushed her away. Look at this photo Sophie. She forced herself on me. Look at my expression. I am going to sue her for sexual assault."

"Was she sober?"

"I don't think so. For all I know she lost her screw somewhere."

"Then don't do anything Xander. Her drunken mistake will cost her career."

"But Sophie."

"Pull down the articles. Its going to fade away soon. And I trust you. These articles doesn't matter to me. I love you and I know you. You would never cheat on me."

What was the truth then?

Does it even concern me?

Yes, it does. Because your heart still belongs to that person.

Getting away from the labyrinth of my thoughts I headed home.

It feels like this was the moment Sophie finally gave up on Xander.
House is just an infrastructure but home is where your heart belongs.

Do share your thoughts with me. A new insight to things is always appreciated.