Chapter 28

Xavier pov

I woke up after having the best sleep I had in years. I felt like something was tickling my nose. I tried moving but then I felt that something had restrained my movement or rather someone.

Trying to adjust my eyes to the light I saw Sophie lying with her head on my chest and legs around my hips. Her hair all sprawled over my chest and face.

And we were on the left side. Yes, it was my side.

In that instant my happiness knew no bound. With her in my arms I felt complete. I didn't need anything other than this.

I felt her stir a little and quickly closed my eyes pretending to sleep. No matter how much I wanted to see her face which I am sure was as red as a tomato I couldn't afford to embarass her. Maybe she will kick me out if I do. I felt her removing her legs and hands as quietly as possible making sure not to wake me up.

I could still feel her gaze on me. Than I felt her hand removing my hair from my forehead and giving me a light kiss like she always did in the morning.

I had to fight my smile and keep my face neutral. Trust me, it was the most difficult task because at that moment I just wanted to giggle like a little school girl.

No matter what, even if we were not on talking terms she would always kiss me in the morning. The only time she didn't kiss me during our entire time together was on the day of our divorce.

I don't even want to think about that.

Covering me with blanket she headed towards the bathroom.

And it was then I opened my eyes. She still loved me. With the same intensity. Maybe we still had a chance.

The entire day then passed in blur. I tried focussing on my work. The internet was pretty good as for a small town. I asked my secretary to schedule all the meetings to video conference for next one month. I wasn't leaving my Sophie.

I also planned to call Thomas and Sophie's parents. I didn't want to call my parents or I was sure they will come here and make her uncomfortable. I wanted to take her with me first. They can meet her after we go back home.

After last night one thing was for sure, we still had hope. Our relationship could be saved. It wasn't over yet. She still cared for me and I loved her even more if it was possible.

It was noon when the door opened and my Sophie entered still in her apron.

"Xander, did you have your breakfast?"

I didn't know what to say. Can I tell her that I stopped eating breakfast after she left. I hardly eat my meals now.

"Ummm.."

Before I could say anything she headed towards the kitchen and started checking the breakfast she prepared for me.

"Xander, you didn't eat anything since morning and are working empty stomach. You didn't even switch on air conditioner and this house is as hot as a furnace. Are you insane?"

After hearing her say this I couldn't help but feel happy. She cared for me. I decided to try my luck.

"Do you care about me?"

"Ofcourse, I do Xander. I don't want you to suffer from diarrhoea."

Diarrhoea! Why did she have to ruin my moment like this!

"I am fine. I don't eat breakfast."

She looked at me like I have grown two heads.

"What do you mean you don't eat breakfast?"

"I don't get time so I usually skip it."

She just muttered something under her breath which I did hear.

"Idiot!"

"I heard you Sophie."

"I wanted you to hear Idiot. Come here and eat something till the time I prepare lunch. And donot even think of denying it or I will kick your ass."

Now that I think about it I do feel hungry. So like a lost puppy that I am, I followed my darling in the kitchen but after giving me a plate full of choco chip cookies, wait my favourite cookies which she always baked for me, she pushed me out in the living room, switched on the air conditioner and kicked me down on the couch.

And about me. I was just happy. I missed her dominating side which only came when she was way too angry.

Why do people come to funeral to show how much they care for that person? Is it so difficult to tell them when they are alive?
What is your take on this?
Do share your thoughts in the comment.