||30||

•30•

I know this chapter is not good. But it is something.

"You have your meeting in Conference room three in ten minutes, sir." Elise greeted Javier as she walked inside his office. He had been pouting like Riley when he didn't get his wishes.

"Okay." He said taking a sip from his coffee. Then sighed loudly. He had been sighing every five minutes.

Unable to take his mood for any longer, she questioned. "Can I ask you something?"

"You already did." He said without looking at her.

"Another question Mr. Kellen?" She huffed at his childishness.

"You did again." He sighed.

"Javier!" She said annoyed. "Stop acting so childishly. You are the father of a five year old, not a five year old yourself."

He sighed again.

"And stop with these sighs please."

He was about to sigh again but her death glare stopped him.

Javier leaned down on his chair and motion for her to sit in front of him.

Once she sat down, he said.

"You don't hesitate to yell at me, but you want permission to ask questions?"

Elise blushed. What was wrong with her? They were in his office and she had shouted on him.

"You might work for me Elise but we are not just employee and boss. we are more than that." He said as if reading her thoughts. "You can ask me questions, you can argue with me and scold me. I don't mind. You have all the right to do that."

Elise's blush deepened. That man made it hard to not swoon for him.

"Okay, then whats wrong with you?" She asked gathering all her courage.

Javier looked like he had expected her question all along and therefore he was trying to ignore. He looked up towards the ceiling of the office in deep thought.

"Do you like someone, Elise?" He asked out of blue, making her eyes widen. Why was he asking that all of a sudden.

"Why are you asking that?" She questioned back. Her hands were shaking in her lap. Will she lose him if he found out about her feelings for him?

"Answer my question first and I will tell you." He said looking into her eyes. His gaze was hypnotizing. In other situation, she would have tried to look anywhere but at him but his gaze prevented her from looking at anything else.

She gulped down her nervousness.

"This isn't the place for this discussion." She tried to change the topic.

"You are stalling Elise." Javier said and got up from his chair. He walked towards the other side of his desk where she was sitting on her chair. He took the chair beside her and turned her so that they were facing each other. Her knees in between his thighs and his hand on both side of her chair.

"Do you like someone?" He questioned again.

Elise finally turned her eyes down towards her lap. She gathered all the courage she had and nodded her head.

"I do." She said in a soft voice.

"And is that someone Caden?" He asked. The speed with which her head turned towards his made her neck hurt but she was shocked by his words.

"What? I don't think I heard you right?" She questioned, shaking her head trying to clear her head from the thought.

"Do you like Caden?" He asked again patiently. He had a rough night. He had been worried thinking about why his cousin would call Elise out of all the people. Caden had suffered a lot in his life and he didn't want to get in his way of happiness. But even the thought of anyone else liking Elise made him angry. He wanted her for himself. Sometimes he even got jealous of his own son. How the hell was he supposed to bear seeing his love with his cousin.
The first thing he did on waking up was go to meet Caden. Caden had thrown a stapler at his head when he asked him the question. He had dodged his 'pinful' death narrowly. After threatening his life, Caden had denied anything for Elise. He had made the exact disgusted face Elise had right now.