Chapter 29

The next day Hailey woke up late and in a foul mood. Getting out of bed and brushing her teeth, she then headed out of her room, but strangely heard some voices coming from the living room. Inquisitive, she went to check who was here in the morning. When she entered the living room she was surprised to see Nathan's grandparents sitting on the couch opposite a really tired and sleepy looking Nathan. She was silently thanking God that Hannah didn't stay the night for there was no explanation that could be given to that.

"Grandma, Grandpa," she said as she entered the living room. "When did you arrive? Why didn't anyone inform me?"

"Oh pumpkin," Alex stood up and reached out to hug her. "We arrived just a while back and didn't want to disturb your sleep. It was obviously a tiring night for you last night."

She smiled at them. "Did Marie serve you'll tea? Come join us for breakfast."

"Oh no darling, we aren't here for breakfast," Sophia said jumping. "We forgot to give you your wedding gift last night so we came over today."

"Grandma, you arranged this marriage for us, that was a beautiful gift in itself," Nathan said sweetly but only I could hear the undertone in his voice. "What more could we ask?"

"Oh my boy, you two were meant to be. We were just an instrument of destiny," Sophia said smiling. "But this gift is from us truly."

"Grandma, you really didn't have to," I said. I somehow had a feeling that I was going to dread what was coming next.

"Oh of course we had to," Sophia was very excited. "Well, remember when we talked about how you two didn't get to go on a honeymoon?"

No, no, no, no!

"What are you talking about? We did go to London," Nathan said. "I thought that was our honeymoon."

"It wasn't," Alex said gravely, daring Nathan to speak against him. "But we are remedying that."

"We have planned a whole week honeymoon for you!" Sophia squeaked.

"A weeks? Isn't that too...." Nathan's protests died down when he saw the look on his grandpa's face. "Great! That's great. Grandma you're amazing!"

"Ain't I?" Sophia seemed oblivious to the fact that Nathan's enthusiasm was fake and neither of us actually wanted to take this trip.

"So Hailey's grandma and me sorted it all out," Sophia went on. "Don't worry, we've arranged it at your workplace so you'll can be completely stress free. We initially planned to send you'll off for a month but due to your respective work commitments we had to settle for a week. I know that seems too less for you lovebirds. I'm really sorry."

"Not at all grandma," I quickly chimed in. "Given our work, we're lucky to even get a week to ourselves."

Sophia smiled at that. "Don't worry honey, it'll be the best week I promise. We'll make it the most memorable trip. You'll be spending the week in Greece and visiting Athens, Santorini and Corfu."

Hearing that I'll be going to Greece, the place of my dreams, I forgot all my earlier reluctance and smiled brightly. I always wanted to visit Greece and now I was finally getting a chance, forget that I had some unwanted company.

"You remembered!" I exclaimed happily.

"Of course we did pumpkin," Alex smiled kindly. "Now we'll take our leave. The plane leaves from the airport in three hours, so chop chop! Get packing."

After we bade them goodbye, Nathan stormed out of the room angrily. Seems like he wasn't in the mood for a trip. Never mind him, I was excited. I had a quick breakfast and got packing. Since I am a frequent traveller I had everything packed in a couple of hours and got dressed for the trip. I descended the stairs with my luggage and asked Nathan's driver to put them in the car for me. As he was loading the luggage in the car while I stood by him, I saw that there already was suitcases in the car that looked like they were enough for two people instead of one. I was confused. Did Nathan seriously need so much of things? Whatever did he pack in so many suitcases.