19. Local Tyrant

A young lady went into sight wearing white clothes looking at her older sister then to the six good looking young men saluting to a little girl who was about to walk out.

The young lady in white recalled what her sister's confidant said. While she was waiting for others to set their camp, her sister's follower came to fetch her while on the way she was informed of what happened. When she saw the faces of the unknown young men, she can't help but blush.

"Fifth sister."

"Second sister." After greeting her older dister she then look at the young men and Meixiang. "These are?"

"Fifth sister, this young lady leads this group of travellers and gave her permission on allowing the fifth sister to spend her tonight's meal inside the benefactor's camp."

Daiyu before agreeing noticed their companion's heavy mood, she slowly realized everything.

She and her older sister, Weiyan, are from a small kingdom of Yin Country. Their kingdom was just a grade D kingdom who have a low resources and weak power. Although their kingdom is small, they are royal princesses who somehow have resources. In the whole kingdom, she and her older sister have the highest aptitude not to mention they are both magicians. With this reason, their royal father gather resources and hire an grade E mercenary from central to hunt a spiritual beasts to contract them. Because their kingdom didn't have much resources, they can't afford to buy a spiritual beast in the central so they can only pay to join a mercenery group and hunt their contract beasts themselves with the help of this mercenary group lead by the man they called Uncle Min.

Mercenaries from capital are normally arrogant as they already established their roots to the Central. Even the lowest grade mercenary are respected in small kingdoms not to mention an grade E mercenary. Fortunately for the two, the group lead by Uncle Min is not as arrogant as the others and also very considerate to them.

Their journey went smooth until they completely entered the White Forest, Daiyu noticed that the other's treatment towards her was a bit different compared to what her older sister is receiving. Then she recalled her mother's, the queen of Yin Kingdom, advice to not put her guard down towards her sister.

Growing up with the affection of her royal parents, she was naturally spoiled and mischievous. Weiyan on the other hand, a daughter of a concubine, strive hard to achieve the affection she received. They are a year apart, sixteen and fifteen, but their cultivation are at par at the beginning level of fourth stage of earth magic.

Daiyu suddenly recalled everything and realize things. Her sister, not only trying to win Uncle Min's group's affection but she also is trying to destroy her name in every opportunity she has. In this case, they will give her the most powerful beast they will hunt in this journey not to mention they are both earth magician.

Her, Yin Daiyu, can't just confront her sister blatantly and can only use her sister's method to counterattack.

"Second sister is indeed selfless." then she smiled towards Meixiang. "A pity this young lady have to reject the benefactor's politeness. This young lady can't swallow her food knowing Uncle Min and the others are working."

Meixiang's lips curved. It's seems the younger sister is not that idiot. She then didn't push things more and bids farewell to them.

After eating their meal, Meixiang discuss the specifics of the following days they have to encounter.

"Starting tomorrow, we will increase our pace on our way to the eye of the forest. The nearer we are at the center, the more powerful beasts we will encounter. Keep your guards up all the time. Not only towards the beasts but especially towards other cultivators. This White Forests is popular to strong cultivators not only with the spiritual beasts but also with the abundant qi here. It is natural to meet cultivators from the central here, try your best not to offend them for now." Meixiang added, "But also don't get maltreated. If they become unreasonable then beat them. If you can't beat them then just break the crystal I gave you."