Chapter 2: Wounded

Aurora woke up to herself being flung onto the floor right out of her blanket hitting the ground below her with a thud.
Lenny: where the fuck were you last night?? Fucken whore.....is that what you were doing meeting up with some guy??
Aurora: what the fuck Lenny no, It was a long day yesterday what the hell is wrong with you lately?
Lenny: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?? I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S A MATTER WITH ME!!

Lenny stormed towards Aurora grabbing her arm and dealing a punch to the stomach sending a sharp pain through her abdomen and taking the breath right out of her. Aurora crunched down into a ball gasping for air and trying to cover her soft areas as best she could "OUCH LENNY STOP IT!!! Lenny grunted as he kicked her in her backside, and then again. Aurora screamed with every little breath she had in her with each blow, crying uncontrollably and waves of pain shot through her body.

Lenny: YOU DON'T COME HOME WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO, NO DINNER AND NOW I HAVE NO LUNCH TO TAKE WITH ME TODAY..... YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH!!!

Aurora laid there sobbing and shaking in pain, unable to move from the ball she kept herself in...... She didn't move as she heard Lenny continue to storm around the apartment until it fell silent....Aurora did her best to pull herself up back onto the bed with all the strength in her arms as her whole left side throbbed in pain. Tears ran down her cheeks as she finally managed to lay back on the bed "I think death is better than this........ At least I won't be in pain anymore.".... Aurora slowly faded out of consciousness.

Six hours had gone by and Aurora woke up to her alarm going off on her phone..." shit what time is it?....3pm... ok I didn't oversleep." Aurora slowly sat up clutching the left part of her back "ahhh uhhhhh ouch". Aurora got up out of bed and limped her way to the shower and waited as the water warmed. She took her clothes off and looked at her back in the mirror as it was starting to turn black and blue up her whole left side " oh my god that shit looks bad"... Aurora opened the drawer under the sink and pulled a knife out before walking over to the tub, got in the shower, shut the door and sat down letting the warm water run off of her body.

Aurora decided she wanted to stay sitting the rest of the shower while she scrubbed her hair and her body and made no extra effort to rinse the soap off of her body as she rested her head against the wall. Aurora sat there, blade pressed into her wrist with her brain playing every scenario she could think of to escape her abusive boyfriend as the sounds of the shower running faded around her and she finally had enough pressure to draw blood on her right wrist before she slowly let up pressure "I should just do it.....it would be easy.....I would eventually just fall asleep."......Aurora spaced out staring at the empty wall as her brain wondered.

After about an hour of being in the shower she crawled to her feet and turned the water off. She stepped out slowly, careful to reach for her towel so as to not agitate her injuries. Once all wrapped up she walked back into the bedroom..... "I think I'm going to just wear a nice lace nightgown bra since that won't put much pressure on my injuries." Aurora slowly opened her dresser drawer and pulled out a thin and un-padded gown bra. Slowly she pulled it over her head and slid each of her breasts in at a time..... " thank goodness it is still pretty cool outside I can get away with a nice sweater to hide my tiddies." Aurora grabbed one of her favorite light blue oversized sweaters that had a v-cut neck and slid it on..... Aurora grabbed her leggings and slid them over her legs wiggling them carefully over her butt and t grabbed her silver sparkly converse so she could be comfortable during her night shift " ok now time for makeup and hair ... i'm doing it simple tonight with just some mascara and concealer, and blow dry my bangs. I don't have the energy to go all out." ..... After getting her makeup on she limped her way to the kitchen to make herself some eggs and toast.

By the time 5:40 pm rolled around Aurora was already on her way up to the 15th floor in the elevator. " I hope I can talk to that alien again. That was pretty cool." When the elevator finally reached the 15th floor Aurora put her work smile on her face and pulled herself together. She scanned herself in on the keypad and saw stacey already waiting for her at reception
Stacey: AURORA!!!! Are you excited?  Because I'm excited!
Aurora gave Stacey a smile " yes, yes i am it will be nice working when it's quiet here." Once Aurora made it to the reception desk  Stacey wrapped her arms around Aurora and gave a squeeze