Chaoter 3: Sideways

Aurora woke up late in the afternoon feeling a little more refreshed than she had in a long time. "What time is it?..... 2:30pm ..... ok cool i'll just get ready now maybe go in early to make sure I avoid Lenny's ass but i'm not looking forward to tomorrow that's for sure.".... Aurora crawled out of bed and looked at the dress hanging with a note that read "wear me dummy" Aurora let out a laugh " oh Stace". Aurora looked down at her tummy that had formed a roll from her sitting. "How is this busted can of biscuits supposed to look good in that?..... Well it's just once, maybe I'll feel cute."

Aurora got up and started getting ready putting her hair in a half updo, applying her winged liner, mascara and red lipstick. "ok I feel kinda cute.... Now to put that dress on." Aurora unzipped the back of the dress and bent over to step into it, Aurora slid the dress up and wiggled it past her hips and butt before reaching around to her back to slide the zipper back up. "Ok now that's on... now I need a blazer.....ooooo I like this white one it will go with my white strappy heels." Aurora put on her heels and blazer and walked over to the mirror. "Ok...ok ...alright im feeling it, Stacey was right. Aurora pulled her hair to the front on each side then checked her phone's text messages.

Stacey: SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOU WHEN YOU PUT THAT DRESS ON!!

Aurora laughed and rolled her eyes when she saw Stacey's text "alright miss demanding here you go dam!" Aurora snapped a picture of herself in her outfit and sent it to Stacey. Aurora continued to gather her things for work when her phone buzzed just as she was about to leave.

Stacey: dang girl chooooww!!

Aurora smiled and headed to her car....... "4:30..cool Stacey should already be there."...Aurora pulled into the parking lot and saw stacey waiting by her car.Once Aurora was parked she got out of her car and stacey squealed with excitement

Stacey: Oh my goodness Aurora, you look so good.. And this dress is perfect just above the knee to make it just sexy enough but still classy..... Come here let's take a picture together Stacey wrapped her arm around Aurora and positioned her phone in front of them and took a picture.

Stacey: now time to post to twitter and have your stalking ass boyfriend see it.
Aurora: I hope I don't regret this later Stace.
Stacey: you won't, I'll make sure of that.... Now let's get inside its already 5 im sure they won't mind us starting early.

As the two entered the building and started in the security line, Aurora could feel people staring at her and then she heard the whispers.......
Random woman one: she shouldn't be wearing that dress.... Definitely to big for it
Random woman two: yea only thin fit woman should be wearing that.

Stacey: Aurora dont listen to them, you're beautiful.
Aurora: Thanks Stacey I appreciate that.

Once the two got to the 15th floor they noticed some tech workers at the glass doors that were now left open.

Tech worker: wow hey do you two have ID clearance to be here
Stacey: Oh yes of course. Aurora hand me yours too.... What's going on?
Tech worker: you guys are clear. And we are updating some software for the handprint scanner so it will be down for a few hours. I just wanted to make sure you were the 2 that were scheduled to show up.

Stacey and Aurora smiled and continued to the reception desk... workers stared at Aurora as they left work for the day.

Stacey: Aurora, What's wrong?
Aurora: well I just feel so uncomfortable now I feel kinda dumb for wearing this.
Stacey: Aurora dont say that, you really do look beautiful and by the way I have something for you now that everyone has left.

Stacey lifted her shirt and unwrapped a band she had around her waist. SHe pulled out a clear Gladius style dagger that had inlays of rose petals and baby's breath along the handle and blade.