Chapter 7

Aliya's POV

"You, you and you"

I was surprised when his finger landed  in my direction. I didn't know how to swim but it was just surfing wasn't it?
I listened in on what the blond guy Chance said about the surfing instructions but my mind kept shifting back to my boss. He kept sending me glances that made me doubt whether I was supposed to be here in the first place or not.

His outfit; a simple hawaiian shirt, white shorts and flip-flops coupled with the black shades made him emit an aura of 'I'm still the boss around this place' I rolled my eyes finally getting on Chance's surfboard as we hit the waves literally.

"You are pretty easy on the eyes, baby" Chance said and I was utterly disgusted and at the same time terrified as the waters became rough. When the next wave hit us, my grip on his waist loosened and I ended up being bombarded with the water as I gasped for air. I didn't want to give in but the water was too much, it was already clogging my nostrils my mouth and I...I passed out.

"Aliya Maria Fernanda Johnson wake up! Mafey wake up!" And I awoke to the soft tender hands that grabbed my shoulders.

Everyone seemed concerned especially Iris who handed the man still clutching to my body a towel. I was too dazed to realise what was going on. My head still lay on his chest as he carried me to the cabin by the beach laying me on the L couch.

"Why didn't you tell Luis you don't know how to swim? You could have died but what do I expect from you. Next time don't die on the job" he left and I clutched the towel still shivering from the cold.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet though some like Cally wouldn't stop teasing that I loved seeking attention. Iris on the other hand tried to make me feel better but the moment the elevators parted, I rushed into my room locking it.

He called me Mafey? The only one who ever called me that was my dad. Ma for Maria and Fey for Fernanda. I almost died. Makes me wonder whether mom was right and coming here was not a good idea. Why did I have to everything wrong infront of him? He hates me and I am not supposed to feel this way but I do. I certainly don't like him.

As I lay on the bed trying to ward off the headache that was setting in, someone knocked on my door. Aah hotel service. I was hungry but I didn't want to order anything without informing the boss or Luis. As much as I wanted to be a model I still ate like a pig. Me and food were like peanut butter and jam. That inseparable.

Opening my door, an peachy scent filled my nostrils with the same Hawaiian shirt coming into sight.

"The gowns are already here and the fashion show is already under way. Mrs Johnson if you are not doing any better you can always sit this one out," he said and that had me squirming in pain from the inside.

Was he trying to get rid of me? I almost sunk in the sea but that didn't mean that my legs had fallen into a coma.

With a brave face and fighting the urge to bubble out like I always did, I spoke firmly, "I'm okay sir. I can do it"

Seth's POV

"Ok one more time. Remember this are just prototypes, the real dresses maybe more elegant different even," Luis continued as I watched each model walk down the runway.

Dylan called earlier, apologised yet again for everything and said that with the dresses finally here, the show was set. Ofcourse to me, there wasn't any inconvinience since we were ready. Luis was ready. My models were ready too.

My phone buzzed against my pants and I picked it up Tessa's face popping up on my screen.

"You better explain mister or I'll kill you"

"Tess, the fashion show is due in two days. I was caught up. What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Chocolates or better yet the pitiful roses you send everytime you do something wrong. Seth I want to be there with you"

"We talked about this. I don't mix business and pleasure you know. You being here will distract me Tess"

"Are you saying I'm a distraction?"

"No of course not"

"Good! Cause I'm at the airport right now headed to you"

And she hung, I tried calling her name over and over before I gave up.

Women can be such a handful at times. Speaking of women, I glanced at a favorite of mine up ahead. Don't get me wrong not that I liked her in any way but she was really something.

I asked her two things just two little things, whether she was fine and every she could still be able to participate in the fashion show and since then she's been giving me the death glares like I'm some villain you see in movies.

See she had this weird way of making you realise that she's mad. Her eye twitched every time she looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

With an hour break for refreshments, I offered Ms Johnson some bottle of water to which she dismissed it right away.

"Do we have a problem 'Ali'?" I asked watching her as she wiped the mariads of sweat on her bare shoulders with a towel.

I looked away like any man would at the moment. Seeing her shoulders, that beautiful exposed skin made my thoughts all foggy. I was no vampire but just a man. A man who had been far away from his girlfriend for a couple of days now and was in dire need of a woman in my bed.