[ 20 ] the day before tomorrow

My parents support my decision to fly back to Korea with Chan. I tell them that it's only going to be for a few days and that Chan and I agreed that I will book a hotel nearby his dorm. My parents have always been supportive of me, so I'm not surprised when they say that they think it will be fun.

Kevin says he wants to go, but school is a bitch, at least in his words. But I promise I would send him pictures and text him every day while I'm there, which seemed to make him a little happier.

When I tell Nao and Ryuu of the sudden plan, Nao screams and urges me to tell her all about it when I get back. I assure her I'll call her while I'm there, and I nearly go deaf when she continues to scream into the receiver. Ryuu, however, was a different story.

"You're going to Korea?" He had asked me, alarmed and stricken.

"Yes."

"With Christopher?"

"Mhm."

It was obvious that Ryuu had tried to hide the disappointing scowl that pulled at his lips. "Is that safe for you to do?"

I arched a brow at him. "Why wouldn't it be?"

His frown deepened, but he didn't say anything else.

At his silence, I laughed lightly. "Ryuu," I said, but Ryuu didn't look amused. "I'll be fine, okay? I'll text you."

Ryuu didn't seem like arguing was the best idea, which I was thankful for. Instead, he nodded slowly, his face still contorted into worry. "Okay," he had muttered.

I smiled tenderly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

It seemed to soften his expression. "Be safe," he told me.

I beamed. "I will!"

Ryuu and Chan didn't exchange any words, but I didn't miss the look they gave each other either.

-

I don't think I've ever packed so quickly in my entire life, only grabbing what I need, as well as a numerous number of jackets and hoodies because apparently, it's freezing in Korea.

We leave Japan the next day in the evening, Chan pulling me by my hand throughout the airport terminal and giggling along with him as we try to avoid the prying eyes of the public as best as we can. I think it worked. Chan and I wore masks, so hopefully It'll be fine.

Kevin and my parents wave us goodbye at the airport, and I promise I will text them as soon as we land.

But on the other hand, Chan doesn't text ahead, doesn't message his managers, or any staff members, or anyone important that he'll be taking me back with him to Korea. He only escorts me onto an economy flight and traps me between him and the window. He may have also sent Felix a selfie of us on the plane. We both laugh at the scream he texts back before Chan switches his phone off to airplane mode.

I can't help the sinking feeling of my stomach for the duration of the flight, my leg bouncing up and down as I fiddle with the drawstring of my hoodie, nervousness settling over me as I think about the consequences of my sudden visit. Chan seems to notice my worry, because he reaches over and takes my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

I peer up at him sheepishly, but his eyes are closed. I can't seem to hide the smile that threatens my lips.

But I squeeze Chan's hand back.

-

The first thing I notice when we land is the snow. Korea is pretty and dark and cold. Even through the window of the airplane, I can see the lights of Seoul sparkling down below, and I can't help but watch those lights the entire descent.