[ 04 ] coffee trips

I'm too nervous to call or text the number, but I do save it into my phone as a simple 'Chan.' I'm not sure what else to name his contact. After all, what is a girl supposed to name the number of a famous and handsome idol?

And Kevin noticed everything. Everything that happened at the fan sign. The way Jisung grinned at me, the way each and every one of them seemed to recognise me from somewhere, and how easily that I talked to each one of them only caused alarms to ring in Kevin's head.

He had pulled me away and demanded to tell me what was happening — why I seemed so close to Stray Kids. I frowned at his choice of words. I wouldn't call myself 'close' to them at all. I'm a mere acquaintance, a nice person they met on the street.

Not according to Chan though, considering he had called me a friend.

The memory still makes me squeal into my pillow.

I had explained everything to Kevin, telling him what happened that night and how they happened to be there to help. At first, he was concerned, which was sweet, but then he gasped and rained fire on me, immediately urging me to tell him the details.

Kevin was ecstatic over the news, shaking my shoulders and going on about how amazing it seemed and how jealous he was. I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

But that's not the worst part.

The day after the signing, I got a call. An angry, loud and desperate call from Nao.

"Okay, tell me why the fuck I see you all over my Twitter feed and IG explore right now."

I nearly dropped the bowl of cereal I was in the midst of making.

My voice was quiet. "...Come again?"

"You seriously haven't seen it? Your name is everywhere! There are thousands of clips of you and Stray Kids being buddy, buddy at the fan sign!" Nao exclaimed, breathless and dumbstruck. "Thank god they didn't get a good shot of your face, it was just your back, but still! You better explain to me what the hell is going on!"

I couldn't process the words she was saying, choking slightly as I tried to wrap my head around what she was telling me. "How," I swallowed, gathering my bearings. "How did they find out my name?"

"You're kidding me, right?" Nao sounded unimpressed. "I am literally watching a clip of Jisung crying out your name very, very loudly right now."

I nearly screamed, my legs giving up as I found myself shrinking down to the floor, my bowl of cereal being long forgotten on the countertop.

"No, this can't be happening."

"It is," Nao sighed. "But it's fine! I'm pretty sure they have no idea who you are; they just know your name."

"But..." I cupped my mouth. I couldn't believe what was happening. I knew that there were people watching me, but I didn't know that there were fan cams. I couldn't help myself from freaking out a little. "This is not good, they... Won't they get in trouble or something?"

"Huh? What for?"

"Bias," I told Nao, exasperated. "They can't do that, can't they? They can't give more attention to one singular fan. That's not good for them."

"Oh," Nao sounded thoughtful. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again. "I'm reading tweets right now, and not a single person seems mad at them."

"Then what are they saying?"

"They're jealous," Nao supplied. "They're jealous of you."

I groaned. "Yeah, bias! They think I am getting special treatment. If they're angry at me or whatever, that means they're upset at SKZ as well for showing bias toward me."