17. Who's the Boss Here?

I barely had time to suck in a breath before he was moving. An instant later, the surroundings were whizzing past me and I found myself inside the house, heading at high speed towards the bedroom.

"Hey, put me down! I can walk on my own! I can—"

"Silence."

That command. That one word. I felt a shiver go down my back. That was the same tone of voice he'd used when ordering me around the office, back in the days when I had been nothing more than Mr Victor Linton, humble secretary and all-around minion. A tone that demanded nothing but absolute obedience.

So, why the heck is it making me feeling hot all over? I'm no obedient little wife!

Right?

Right, definitely not! And the fact that during my mental debate, I had snuggled closer to my husband as he clutched me in his arms was pure coincidence!

"So...nothing more to say?" The challenging look in his eyes...it was simply too much!

"I've got plenty to say, Mister! I—"

Before I could get out another syllable, Mr Rikkard Ambrose silenced me in the most effective way possible. Not with words. Not with icy glares. But with his lips. His arms tightened around me. The way he was holding me...it should have been called a princess carry. But what I would really have to call it would be booty carry. Because he was holding me in his clutches like a pirate would his plundered treasure. And, well...

Because his hand was squeezing my booty.

"Mr Ambrose!" I hissed, my face heating.

The iceberg who held me in his arms remained unfazed. "Mrs Ambrose?"

"Remove your hand!"

His hand tightened, squeezing hard. My face flamed.

"What did I say about proving to you who is the real boss around here, Mrs Ambrose?" he growled.

I lowered my eyes, shying away from him—until I realized what I was doing, and my chin jerked up, my eyes glaring straight at him.

"You're not the boss of me!"

"Indeed?" he cocked his head, his pace not slowing for an instant. Distantly I realized we were already halfway to the bedroom. "Your employment contract says otherwise."

"You know what I mean!"

"I do, do I?"

Heck...! How were we already standing inside the bedroom? Just a moment ago, we had been outside in the corridor!

It was because of those eyes of his! Those damnable deep, dark, sea-coloured eyes that can hypnotize and dominate a woman at sixty paces. I tried to jerk my gaze away from his...

And failed.

Miserably.

Suddenly, I was airborne again before, with an umph, hitting the soft mattress.

"So, let's try this again, shall we?" He was already there, hovering above me, his granite fists buried into the mattress on either side of me. "Who is the boss around here?"

Once again, I raised my chin in challenge. "Me!"

Like a snake, he struck! His mouth slammed down on mine, claiming, conquering, declaring himself as ruler of my body and soul. His tongue danced with mine, sucking all the energy out of my limbs with the mastery of a true expert.

"Again," he rasped, his eyes burning with cold flames. "Who is the boss?"

With absolute confidence, he gazed down at me in challenge for one agonizingly long second. One second was all the time I needed to rearrange my brain cells into a semblance of sensibility. Dragging in a deep breath, I met his eyes head-on.