C. 2. The Association

I bolt upright, my shirt soaked with sweat as my breath rasps in my throat, my mind whirling with curiosity from the dream.
The same dream. The one of my choice- to begin again or to continue with my old life.
I rub my face, swinging my slender les over the side of the feather mattress and standing up, stretching my arms over my head with a luxurious yawn.

"Sleep alright?"

My friend, Helala's voice rings, and I turn to see her sitting up on her mattress, watching me as her amber eyes twinkle mischievously.
I smile, runni my hand through my long blonde hair and nodding.

"Slept enough, shall we say." I say, and she giggles.
I make my way towards the small rectangular mirror that hangs from the clay wall, checking my reflection in its cracked surface. My bright green eyes stared back, sparkling as always as I tied my hair back in the usual ponytail.

Helala stands at the stairs, and I catch up, taking the steps two at a time until I reach the top, swinging open the door into the lobby.
The natural sunlight blinds me and I squint, stepping out f the ray of sunshine and shutting the door behind My best friend as she stands next to me. A smile breaks out on her coffee-toned face as her eyes land on her favorite topic- Alexander.