Chapter 7: Is it called kidnapping or keeping safe?

Jal slowly nods his head, his grey eyes narrowed as he gazes shrewdly at me.

I grit my teeth, sending Lithen a dirty look.

Thanks. Thanks SO much.

He blinks at me, turning away.

I huff, putting my hands on my hips.

"Well, I am not leaving." I announce softly, and Jal's eyes swivel to mine, somewhat soft but apologetic.

"Thea-"

"No. Don't you agree with him to." I interrupt, narrowing my eyes and staring through his gaze.

Lithen, however, seems to be perfectly calm.

That little brat.
"We'll, under these circumstances, allow our guest to take you with him." Jal closed his eyes as he announces this fact, and I glare at the floor, frustrated.
All because of that Imper.
---------------------------------------------------
A muffled curse breaks the silence that envelopes the forest, and I huff, not even trying to glance behind me.
Lithen had tripped over his feet.
Again.
He mutters another wisely chosen word as he fails to duck in time, a large branch smacking into his head. He rubs it angrily, muttering under his breath as I sigh frustratedly.
I had lived in these woods for years. I knew them like the back of my hand.
And he was older than me.
Guess who was the one who was clueless right now?
Uh-huh. Definitely not Thea.

He suddenly stops, craning his neck up to stare at the sky before frowning slightly. I feel that twinge of curiosity and follow his gaze, tilting my head in confusion.
What was he looking at?
I blink, glancing at him to follow his gaze again, and catch his eyes staring at me. He swallows, his Adam's Apple bobbing, than flits his gaze back to the sky.
I frown slightly, annoyed.
Why had he been staring?
I shake my head to myself, sighing as he eased himself down onto the leaf-strewn ground.

"We neeed food, you know." I say softly, leaning against a huge oak as he stares at his hands.

"I know."

"Oh?"

"Umm... yeah.' He says sheepishly, staring at the ground.

I sigh mentally. "Want me to find some for us?" I offer, forcing a smile on my face.

He glances up, smiling. "If you could, please!"

I frown.

"What's the magic word?" I say teasingly.

"Uhh.... Please?" He frowns, confused.

I stifle a giggle. 'Nope."

"Food?"

"Nope."

"Lithen is awesome?" He offers, raising his eyebrows and smiling slightly.

I smile, shaking my head.

"Eat?"

"You got it." I say with a smile, before turning and walking into the forest to get some food.