CHAPTER 44- MEMORIES ~ Farhan 💀

F A R H A N : -

I tap my feet against the carpeted floor, checking the time again, I sighed looking down at my shiny shoes.

"I hate this part." Murat mutters beside me, "Despise it actually."

"I think I am getting used to it." I reply, pointing at our fathers who were seated on the couch opposite to us, all suited up and ready,
"Need to get that experience."

"But why the experience in waiting tho?" Murat wonders, "Would there be a day when woman would automatically start getting ready on time, or god forbid before all the men."

I think for a while, "Actually no. I mean imagine all the women waiting like this for their husbands, would they be alive after that?"

Murat clicks his fingers, "Absolutely, because they might kill us, so let's just follow the flow of nature."

"True." I reply.

We both arrived at the hotel we were staying by late morning, it was no way I was going to stay at Durrani villa, I had sacrificed my enough self respect by travelling to Izmir and attending this damn party, there was no way in hell I would lose it all by staying there.

The moment I thought I would get some alone time with my wife, my sister barges on our door later afternoon and drags my wife away, to get ready.

And it is evening now to say and I haven't seen my wife since.

According to that dumb party's invitation, the event starts by seven and it's almost six thirty now and still no signs of the ladies, not even bi jaan.

So from the past thirty minutes, me, Murat, baba, mamu, are waiting in the hotel lobby for them to arrive so we could get going.

The elevator dings, and I quickly look up, eager to find a glimpse of my wife, I see Mina step out with bi jaan, then it was mama, and then Ayesha's mom...and that's it, no one else.

"Ah finally." Murat cheers getting up from beside me, dusting off his pants, "It's been ages."

"Oh my god, what are all of you doing? We are already running late, let's go!" Mina snaps, taking bi jaan along with her,

"Gira math dey mujhe!" [ don't make me fall!] Bi jaan exclaims, holding on to Mina's arm.

Murat chuckles grabbing bi jaan's other hand,
"This way my kind lady,"

Bi jaan gives him a look, "Who are you?"

I suppress my cackle and Mina laughs, "Bi jaan this is your grandson, your son hamza's son, Murat."

Bi jaan's eyes widen, "Huh? Murat? Him?" She takes a look at a sour faced Murat, "Weren't you in school?"

Murat shakes his head, "No bi jaan, I am not in school, I am a lawyer."

A look of realisation passes her face, "I know, I remember."

"Let's go, what are we waiting for?" Mamu asks stepping towards us,

"Ayesha?" Murat asks my unasked question.

"Yeah, where is she?" Baba asks looking back at the elevator,

"She said she will be down in five minutes, and said to start leaving, we are already late. Farhan bring her with you in your car, let's start leaving." Mama says ushering everyone out,

Murat and Mina helped bi jaan to walk out and both the parents walked with them,

Mama turned around and patted my cheek, "Whatever happens, you know you are strong."