Chapter 37 - Gifts

🎶 Pehli Dafa Hai Ki Mujh Mein Tu Jhalka Hai

Published on 20.07.2021

● A U T H O R ●

When Vihaan and Aarohi came back to the living room, Kevin and Tina couldn't help but stare at them with mouth agape.

"Who are they?" Tina whispered.

"I knew Vihaan would be in a better mood and would've even cooled down to an extent but this is a little too.......extreme?" Kevin whispered back, his sentence sounding more like a question.

Aarohi looked flushed as she found it difficult to maintain eye contact with Kevin and Tina's curious gazes while Vihaan had a hard time to suppress the grin that threatened to stretch across his face but that didn't stop the smile that much to his dismay was plastered on his lips.

"All good?" Kevin asked with slight hesitation.

"Better than ever." Vihaan replied with utmost honesty, his lips curving into a full smile.

"I'm sorry. I don't know if you can forgive me or not but I really regret what I did to you." Tina said looking at him with guilt, her voice apologetic.

"It's okay. Let bygones be bygones," Vihaan shrugged. "It really doesn't matter now." He added, taking Tina by surprise with his 180 degree change in attitude. Just sometime back, he was livid, looked hurt and now it feels it has been ages since he was in that mood. That is how happy he looked currently. "Kevin are you staying for dinner?" He directed his question at his best friend who blinked as his daze was broken.

"Yeah. I mean no. I must get going now," he scratched his forehead and chuckled awkwardly.

"Fine." Vihaan hummed in response. "Also, I'm sorry for being rude to you."

"It's okay," Kevin waved a hand dismissively. "I also over did. Forget it."

Kevin wanted to ask about the sudden change that took place in a matter of few minutes but he didn't push it. He had talked to Tina when Aarohi went behind Vihaan, warned her to not try to come between his and Kiara's ship, explained that it's just a matter of time that his two idiots realize that they love each other. Only if he knew that they hadn't just realized but even confessed it.

"Okay then, good night." Aarohi hugged him and whispered in his ear, "Your ship has officially sailed." It took him a few seconds to grasp the meaning and when he pulled back from the hug wide-eyed, Aarohi grinned at him.

"Oh my god!" He shrieked and pounced on Vihaan startling him. "Finally! Shit I'm so happy," he squealed with excitement and pressed a long kiss on his cheek.

"Eww. Get away!" Vihaan grimaced and pushed him away while the latter continued to smile toothily.

Ignoring his reaction, Kevin waved his hand as he walked towards the door. "Bye guys. Have a great night. And Aarohi," he turned to look at her, "I love you," he said and sent a flying kiss in her direction making her giggle.

"Weirdo." Vihaan snorted, rubbing his cheek furiously and glaring at Aarohi who laughed looking at him.

Vihaan, Aarohi and Tina had dinner together. Tina yet again apologized for her actions and Vihaan assured her that he had no grudges against her. The dinner went well. Tina understood that Vihaan had truly moved on and the surprising part was she didn't resent it. It felt calm to know that he's happy and has forgiven her. Even Aarohi was friendly to her and it honestly felt nice to see them at peace. It was as if the positive and happy vibes radiating from them was even consuming her.