Chapter 38 - Pacifying Him

🎶 Thodi Der

Published on 30.07.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Love is an adventure that excites you, a thought that calms you, a feeling that elevates your heart rate and an experience that leaves its imprint for forever.

When Vihaan looks at the past few years and compares it with today, he realizes what he has been missing on. Life. He was just existing, working to earn money, being there for his near and dear ones and that was it. He couldn't remember a moment which might have made him laugh at that time, crack a smile on his face at present. But now, even the fights that he had with Aarohi make him chuckle at how far they've come. From being at loggerheads and pledging to not have anything more than a namesake tag of married couple on them to falling head over heels for each other, being and supporting your better half in unexpected ways, they've indeed come a long way.

To be loved back by the person you love is beautiful.

So damn beautiful.

He has never felt so happy and content at the same time like a lost wanderer finally finding his home where his heart and soul are at peace.

It's astonishing how much difference the presence of one person can make in your life. It can be a friend, a lover, a parent and sometimes even a stranger. For Vihaan, that was Aarohi. She introduced him to parts that he didn't know existed within him. She brought him out of his comfort zone, filled his monotone days with different shades of colour, piqued his interest from the first time he saw her and made him fall with her perfect imperfections. She didn't try to do any of this, she didn't try to bring any change, all she did was be her annoying, stubborn yet empathetic, honest and silly self.

Surely, being with her wasn't the easiest or most comfortable thing. If anything, it was unpredictable. One day, it would feel like getting trapped in a raging storm and the other day it would feel as if you're surrounded by the warmth of your home, wrapped up in your sheets, listening to the soft drizzle of the rain outside. But that was the beauty of life. The dark moments add more value and meaning when light seeps through it and remind you that even if the clouds obstruct your view, the sun is still there and it's shining.

Everything felt so right. Vihaan's parents behaved normally with him, they would call sometimes and talk to him. There was a tenderness in the way his mother spoke to him that would warm his heart and somehow fill the void of parental love that he craved since so long.

After texting Aarohi to come home safe, he left his office and Meera reminded him of tomorrow's board meeting to which he gave a curt nod.

There was just one thing wrong and that was the person blackmailing Tina wasn't still caught. He hoped the people in charge are able to find him as soon as possible.

Aarohi stretched her arms and yawned, leaning back in her chair when the last patient of the day left. She put a hand around the curve of hee neck, rotating them to release the tension after a tiring day. She pulled out her cellphone from her handbag and opened it. A lazy knowing smile crept on her lips when she saw Vihaan's message. 'Be safe. I miss you,' the message read. She knew he would have reached home till now since she had informed that she had to spent extra hours in the hospital today.

Waving a bye to the nurse and other colleagues that she met in her way, Aarohi left the hospital. Mason, the bodyguard who was going to drive Aarohi home as Samar had taken a off due to health issues was waiting beside the car.

Mason opened the back door when he saw Aarohi approaching. Aarohi resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the gesture. Geez! She can open the door for herself. Thank you very much.