Half-asleep

'He surely is cold, he has to be' George's breath was still heavy, but he tried to play it off so Dream wouldn't notice that he is awake.

'I need to calm down, at least a little' he tried his best to shove those stupid thoughts back to his mind to keep them silent.

It didn't really work out well at first, but after a while, George's heart was calming down a little, because Dream didn't show a reaction to his fast breath yet, nor did anything else.

'Okay, okay. It's alright George, why do you even mind?' he calmed himself down more, trying to focus on the sounds coming from the TV.

Of course he couldn't really focus, but it cleared his mind at least a little.

He had to admit, that the position he was laying in was really comfortable though.

It was warm and he felt safe, even though he almost had a heart attack, without a reason.

Dream suddenly giggled soft, trying to stay silent to not wake him up.

He probably did that, because something funny in the movie happened.

After a few moments, George finally calmed down again and just enjoyed the position he was in currently.

Without a doubt: It was really relaxing and comfortable with the blanket around him.

His eyelids got a little heavier, right after he got sleepier, now that some time has passed.

'No, I don't want to sleep yet' he thought instantly and tried to stay awake, right after he realized.

He didn't want this time to end yet, not now, while he was enjoying the time with Dream.

He doesn't want to go back yet, being lonely again and not cuddled under someones arms or without even just having some company.

But even with thinking about why he shouldn't fall asleep now, he got sleepier and sleepier, the longer he kept his eyes closed.

He had no other choice than open his eyes. If he wouldn't, he would probably fall asleep, ending up being in the past again.

Or in other words: His time.

He sighed softly.

After making a little plan, how to act like waking up as real as possible, he began to move a little.

That was the first part of his plan.

Dream put his hand up slightly, still touching his shoulders softly.

George began to turn slowely, which led to Dream putting his hand away now.

He opened his eyes slowely and looked at the ceiling for a short moment.

After that, he sat up and took a look at Dream, who was watching George doing so.

"Good morning, sleepyhead" Clay laughed with his eyes closed.

It was a very soft laugh, so George wasn't even mad at him calling him nicknames like that.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked after George rubbed his eyes a little, playing it really well.

"Yeah, I kind of did" he answered and smiled at Dream.

He was smiling back at him brightly.

As much as George wanted to look at Dream, it would surely be awkward to stare, so he turned to the TV, not knowing what was going on.

"So, what did I miss?" George asked and leaned back a little.

Dream looked at the TV for a short moment, then his eyes moved up like he was thinking about it.

George took that opportunity.

"I see, you admired my beauty while I was asleep, that's why you don't know what's going on" he said cheeky, with a faked snooty expression.

"Of course I did" Dream answered back in a sarcastic tone and rolled his eyes "and totally not because the movie was boring as hell" he added, shaking his head a little.

'It was boring, that's true' George thought when the blonde one ended his sentence.

"Well, I thought it was interesting" he tried to annoy him a little more, but it definitely backfired.

"Oh? But you were the one asleep, how would you even know?" Dream said back sassy.

"I mean- Touché" he rolled his eyes and gave up.

After a few seconds, both began to laugh, because of how silly that was.

They both continued joking around a little and talking about funny stuff.

George really enjoyed this moment.

"Are you hungry now?" Dream asked after a short break of silence.

"Yeah" he answered  "actually I am"

Dream smiled at him and looked at him with his greenish eyes, well, he said they were greenish at least.

George couldn't let his own eyes of him, because they truly caught his attention.

They were special and truly more beautiful than his own. They had a more eye catching spark in there.

"So, what about if I take you somewhere? And the best thing about it is: I'll pay, just as I promised you before" Dream clapped his hands once and smiled at George, putting him out of his daydreams.

"Uh, yeah" he replied fastly, so Dream wouldn't find it strange.

The blonde one nodded and stood up, taking a glance at the window.

His hair was almost completely dry again.

"It isn't raining that much anymore too. Just a few raindrops" he was still smiling and turned back around to George.

But George was in his thoughts again.

~885 words

Don't forget to interact with this chapter! :)