Part 72: Settling suspicions

There was still a lot of time before the ball came, so I thought I would have a lot of free time.

The end of the year was nearing, so, obviously the assignments and homework we had would decrease. 

But I had underestimated the teachers; instead, they made us students handle the cleaning up and reorganization of the building. 

Due to my high status, I lazily and shamelessly thought to myself that I wouldn't get too much work. 

But I was no villainess like the original one, tyrannical and overbearing. 

She also enjoyed throwing her status and wealth around to get what she wanted and to avoid the things she disliked. 

However, I was different that her, and a role model student within the school. 

So, in contrast to my naive thoughts, I had the most work pushed onto me compared to the other students. 

I grumbled and got off my chair and slowly started to look over the classroom.

I was to clean up and arrange this place for one of the last times before the ball came, because then everybody would be busy preparing for the ball. 

The other students participated in cleaning up their own desk, throwing out things that they might have forgotten about from the beginning of the year, but every man for themselves. 

The only except was me, so I threw some of my early year notes in the trash and looked around. 

Actually, why don't I use this situation to my advantage as an opportunity?

It's not good to let your suspicions manifester for too long, it's either right or wrong, or in between. 

I wasn't a very patient person, so the want to know the truth was scratching me from within. 

I set my eyes on the blue-haired figure, and slowly walked up to her. 

Adriana was a very polite girl, the very definition of a noble girl. 

Normally, she would stick to Ivy's side as Adriana was known the closest friend to our 'heroine'. 

But what if Adriana was actually getting closer to her for more shady purposes?

If Adriana was really the true Ivy, and interfered with the plotline, then wouldn't that mean she also has her past memories?

Maybe her soul was bumped out of her body when the new world was created and into a random character that never even appeared?

But Elijah did put a lot of effort into replicating everything from that world, so Adriana actually existed in the otome game world, just never mentioned. 

I doubt he had any intentions of interfering with the plot by adding another person, because he wouldn't change things even if everything went exactly the same as the past world which Onii-sama lived through. 

Onii-sama only wished to start things over, not anything more or less. 

Adriana lifted her head and noticed me, looking at me with a rather unsure expression. 

It was common knowledge that me and Ivy were at odds, and also common knowledge that Adriana was Ivy's best friends. 

Would anybody expect her to smile genuinely at me and treat me normally after knowing this?

"Lady Adriana, would you help me with cleaning up the classroom afterwards? It would be nice to have some help." 

She looked at me awkwardly, and knew that it wouldn't be polite to decline a small request like this, despite our colliding social positions.