Part 15: A god's regret

"I can't believe it!" Ivy ran towards Albert, like Alex did, crying as well. "They.........They are accusing me of pushing Lady Roselyn!!!" She went into his arms.

"Don't touch me." Albert glared at her. 

You see, Albert had a weakness. 

Alexander. 

It never told you in the game, but it was so obvious. One of the main reason that Albert had accepted Ivy as his lover was because his little brother approved of her. Apparently, the second son of every royal family had a special '6th sense' where they could tell the amount of malice inside a person.

I don't think this was the old Ivy. If it was, then just how much did she change?! But I was going to stick to the thought of her soul being from my world as well, because she knew the story as well.

"Albert Dear, is it true that you found.............this vermin interesting?" The Queen asked. Even if the tone sounded like flowers, it made you shiver in fear. The Queen was precisely telling him to not lie. But Albert was very true to his feelings in the game, and felt love when he met Ivy. He was very emotionless in the game and didn't know what 'love' was. Until he met Ivy, that is.

"No, mother. I will not get my interest perked by such a person." Albert said. "Rather, I am glad for my cute fiancee." He smiled at me.

My heart!!! All the love interests were handsome, but Albert was in a whole different world. Argh! I can't fall in love with him! Keep your cool, Sayuri! Don't blush for this scum!

"Why thank you, your majesty. I am glad for my cute fiance." I responded. I wasn't going to let him in my wall anytime soon.

The King, being also a idiot at love, didn't understand this. But the Queen, who was very intelligent, understood what we were doing while exchanging words.

"Playing hard, huh? Don't worry, Roselyn! This is a good way to attract my son!!!" She smiled proudly at herself. 

'No no no. That's not what I was trying to do.' I wish I could say.

I think Albert's face got a bit redder. Slightly.

"Thank you, Your Majesty the Queen. I am glad to receive a compliment from someone as high as you." I did my best princess bow.  "I shall take my leave." 

"Wait! Why don't you go on a lunch date with Albert tomorrow?" The Queen said with glint in her eyes. 

Refusing a royal was the same as treason.

"I would love to, You Majesty."

I went on the carriage. 

-I need your body for a moment. 

-I haven't accepted the deal yet, Elijah

-You haven't declined it yet, either. How about we accept it right here and now?

I thought about it. It would benefit me. But what if I got in trouble because of the god? But it would help me. That was the most important thing. Even if it did get me into trouble, I had the whole dukedom backing me up, as well as the royal family because they wouldn't want their future Queen to get a bad reputation.

-I accept the deal.

-Good. Well, here I go.

I felt my soul getting pushed to the side. Suddenly, the view changed into darkness. 

-Where did you bring us, Elijah?

-The temple. Even the high priest doesn't know this place exists.