A Sacrifice To Remember

TW: death

The title gives me HSM vibes-

Got this idea from a very sad Harry Potter x reader tiktok, I changed a few things from the vid to fit the events here

Going to Hogwarts as a Riddle had its pros and cons.

One of them were being famous (that didn't matter much but at least almost everyone ignored you cause of fear) and being friends with slytherin idiots who only care about pure bloods.  And the other were being hated by almost everyone, especially Itty Bitty Baby Potter.

During Harry Potter's first year, he encountered the one and only you,
Y/N Riddle, The "Cursed Child" for being You-Know-Who and Bellatrix Lestrange's child.

What they all didn't know was that you meant no harm and just wanted to live your life. Whenever people throw insults at you, it would break your confidence and make you really sensitive.

(Haven't read the cursed child yet cause many say that it's terrible)

On his second year, he tried to do everything to ignore and avoid you. But fate had different plans.

However, when he was in his third year, he decided to no longer stay silent whenever he's around you.

Wrong move.

"Riddle," He said as he walked passed you.

You stopped walking, "Potter." You glared.

The both of you looked at each other in pure hatred before he spoke. "Everyone hates you, you know? Were all better off without you."

"Okay, I guess. Like I care."

During Care for Magical Creatures, you were walking to a spot where it wasn't crowded when Harry spoke again.

"Stop following me." He spat.

You sighed, "I was walking the-"

"Just leave.  Like I said, we'll be better off without you since all you purebloods bring are trouble."

"Oh okay."

And that was the last time you both spoke on your third year. But on your fourth year while talking talking Blaise Zabini during a class, Harry spoke when Blaise left.

"Will you ever shut up? Your voice is so annoying."

"Oh I'm sorry, maybe if you leave this place then you won't have to hear my voice anymore." You said and ignored him.

But during the Yule Ball,  he said something again while you were talking to Pansy Parkinson.

"Shut up idiot." He harshly told you.

"I wasn't even talking to you." YYou replied as Harry rolled his eyes at you.

"You look pathetic." He added.

Pansy rolled her eyes with a sigh, "Let's go." She said and dragged you away.

But before you two could get really far, "Why would I care?" You exclaimed.

After that eventful night, Harry and other people continued to throw insults at you, making you even more sensitive and insecure.  But Blaise, Pansy and Daphne were always there for you. Sometime Draco but he's always bugging Potter with his friends.

As time went by, you stopped sassing back at Harry's comments.

In your 5th year, while you were talking to Neville about plants, Harry spoke to you again.

"I hate you." He said out of nowhere while walking.

You stayed silent, but continued to talk to Neville a few seconds later. But this never went unnoticed by Neville.

"You gotta speak up to him again, you know?" He said, his concerning eyes looked into yours.

You sighed.

"But would it make any difference?"

A few days later,  you spoke to Sirius Black. No one knew that you were close to Sirius Black, as they all thought he was a criminal.

He was close to you because of course, he's your mother's cousin. But aside from that, you took care of his animagus form 2 years ago when he was in hiding. You didn't know it was him until a day before Harry met him face to face.

But when Harry found out that your father had Sirius,  you tried your best to tell him that Sirius was fine. That you spoke to him a few days ago. But he never listened because he thought you were lying.

But one day Harry had enough of you trying to convince him that Sirius is still safe.

"I have an idea." He said, you looked at him confusingly. "What's your idea?"

"Instead of Sirius, you should die."

"I'm sorry."

2 years later, Harry stood in front of your grave with tears flowing down his cheeks.

During the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, you were killed by your own mother.

She screamed, she didn't mean to. Her spell was supposed to hit Sirius but you sacrificed yourself for him.

Harry looked at the scene in front of him in shock and surprise.  Remus Lupin had to hold him back from running after Bellatrix.  But he broke free and ran after her, Sirius, the Order of the Phoenix and his friends right behind him.

Bellatrix loved you so much that she surrendered and went back to Azkaban.

"I'm sorry." Harry said and wiped his tears away.