16:Contest.

Chapter sixteen:Contest.

Two days passed since the news about the contest hosted at the Palace spread and people from everywhere came to compete

Yu An put her favorite red outfit, added red lipstick and accompanied Wang Shu to see the cultivators that have come to be part of the elite group.

❝Before all, I'm thankful that so many of you came today here. Before beginning I would like to say that if you're not prepared to die, leave now. This isn't kids play, we need people capable of risking their life. ❞Yu An said looking at the crowd.

Some people got scared by her warning and left.

❝Now, for the one's remaining, good luck. ❞Yu An said and sat down next to Wang Shu who analyzed the people present.

❝Today's contest will show us your strength and potential. If you think you're worth of our time then form a queue there and sign up. ❞Wang Shu said and looked at the table where Lizhui stood with paper and ink ready to note the contestants.

❝Eh, is that lord Lizhui? Look how beautiful he is! ❞

❝He looks like a eternal God, so handsome! ~❞

❝His highness it's also attractive, but on the cool side. ❞

❝Are you here to fight or to drool after men? ❞ a beautiful lady said looking at the two girls.

The girls shut their mouth immediately.

The beautiful girl's turn came.

❝Your name and cultivation level. ❞ Lizhui said.

❝Mi Que, high level, advanced rank. ❞ the beautiful yet clever woman said.

❝Thank you, next! ❞Lizhui said.

❝Mo Feng, expert level, intermediare rank. ❞ a man with black eyes and a friendly appearance said.

❝Thank you, next. ❞Lizhui continued.

❝Lan Ying,high level, advanced rank. ❞a serious looking man said, his hair long and black with red dyed at the front.

❝Thank you, next! ❞

❝Jiang Yun, high level, beginner rank. ❞ a smaller, more sweet looking girl said smiling.

❝Thank you, next. ❞

❝Wei Zhan, expert level, intermediare rank. ❞ a short, black haired guy said and giggled unsettling.

❝Seems like we have some interesting people today. ❞Yu An said looking at the queue.

❝Yes. ❞

❝All of the contestants have registered, your highness. ❞Lizhui said and have the list to Wang Shu.

❝Good, then arrange that people of the same level and rank will fight. ❞Wang Shu said and gave the list back to Lizhui.

❝Alright. ❞Lizhui noted on another paper every contestant and their opponent.

Soon he announced the names.

❝The rules are easy, you fight until the other one can't fight anymore or if they are pushed off the battle ring. Remember, you can't kill or cripple your opponent. ❞Lizhui said.

❝What if we accidentally do it? ❞Wei Zhan asked.

❝There's no such thing. If you aren't capable to fight without respecting the rules, leave. ❞Lizhui said and looked at Wan Zhan.

❝I was joking, no need to get angry. ❞Wan Zhan replied and raises his hands defeated.

❝Then if everything is clear, the first pair, please proceed to enter the battle ring. ❞Lizhui said.

Pairs began to fight and the number of contests lowered, soon only ten remained.

Yu An looked at the five people who peaked her interest and smiled.

❝It's my turn now. ❞ she said and walked in the ring.

People were confused.

❝Congratulations of being here. For the last part of our contest I'll participate. ❞

❝Is it going to be a group fight? ❞Mi Que asked looking with admiring eyes at Yu An.

❝You're both correct and wrong. There won't be a fight, but you'll be two teams. You see this bell? I'll tie it to my clothes, the first team to take it from me in 5 minutes wins and the whole team is admitted. ❞Yu An explained and showed them the bell in her hands.

❝What if the time is up and no one gets the bell? ❞Jiang Yun asked anxious.

❝I haven't thought about that since I have faith that someone will be able to get it. We'll see after if that's the case. ❞Yu An explained.

❝Can we attack you? ❞Wei Zhan asked and cracked his knuckles.

❝Yes.❞Yu An said smiling.

❝Let's begin then. Team A:Wei Zhan, Jiang Yun, Mo Feng, Mi Que, Lan Ying, team B:the rest. ❞Lizhui said.

Everyone gathered with their team.

❝You have 3 minutes to think about a strategy starting now! ❞Lizhui said.

❝I want to fight her. ❞Wei Zhan said excited.

❝We have two expert levels in the team... should you two fight to distract her? ❞Jiang Yun said.

❝It's alright with me.❞ Mo Feng said.

❝Let's wait for a while to see what the other team is doing. If they attack her maybe she'll get tired and we'll have the opportunity to take the bell. ❞Mi Que proposed.

❝What if they manage to take the bell? ❞Jiang Yun asked.

❝She's Xia Yu An, it's not easy to fight against her so we should find something better if we want to take the bell in under 5 minutes. ❞Mo Feng said.

❝I agree with waiting to see the other team's strategy and then we'll see. ❞Lan Ying spoke.

❝I'll use my secret technique while we wait then, it requires two minutes so hopefully the other team can't take the bell until then. ❞Jiang Yun said.

❝Secret technique? ❞Mo Feng asked.

❝The time is over! Start! ❞Lizhui said.

Team B attacked Yu An, but she dodged easily their attacks.

They chose to wait? Is it a strategy or they don't know what to do? ❞Yu An wondered while she dodged attacks and glanced at team A.