42:Challenge.

Chapter forty two:Challenge.

It's been three bloody hours for Yu An and Xiao, as soon as they went deeper in mountain, feral spiritual beasts attacked them without break and they had to fight

Mo tried to talk to them but the demonic energy surrounding this whole mountain made them crazy.

❝I hope that was the last one. ❞Xiao said wiping sweat from his forehead.

❝Me too. Here. ❞Yu An said handing him a small bottle of concoction to regain his lost energy.

Xiao nodded grateful and drank the liquid, feeling his energy returning to him.

Mo returned from his stroll.

❝There aren't anymore spiritual beasts nearby. I've seen a weird barrier while looking around, you might want to see it. ❞ Mo said looking at Yu An.

❝Lead the way. ❞ she said following Mo who lead them to the barrier he saw.

It was a very hard barrier to detect, seemed to hide something behind.

❝I wonder what's behind it. ❞Mo said inspecting the barrier in front of them.

Yu An touched it, her hand not getting through.

❝Weird. ❞Mo said arching his eyebrow.

Yu An tried to get her hand through it once again, but it didn't happen, the barrier didn't let her it.

❝Blood. ❞ the demon's voice rang in Yu An's head.

❝It wants blood. ❞Yu An concluded and pondered where to give some of her blood or not.

❝Should we trust it? ❞Xiao asked looking up at Yu An's thinking expression.

The woman sighed and decided to take the risk, it is what it is.

❝You two stay behind. Mo, take care of him, if I don't return in a day, return to the Palace. ❞Yu An decided and cut her finger with her dagger, placing it on the barrier, who glowed for a second and Yu An's hand went through without problems.

❝You should let me come along, it may be too dangerous. ❞Mo said concerned.

❝No, stay with Xiao. I can't leave him alone and neither take him with me.❞Yu An said and turned her head to the small boy. ❝Listen to Mo until I'm back and don't get your ass in danger. ❞ she smiled at him and entered through the barrier completely.

Yu An was surrounded by complete darkness, her eyes trying to adjust and see, but it was way too dark.

❝Amazing, fucking hell.❞Yu An cursed under her breath and took a step forward, caution not to step in a trap or hit something.

❝Yu An! ❞a familiar voice called Yu An and she froze with wide eyes.

❝Mo... mother? ❞Yu An asked, her heart racing in her chest.

❝Yu An, my poor child. ❞the woman said and Yu An suddenly could see her mother holding a baby in her hands.

❝I'm so glad to have you back in my arms.❞the woman said kissing the baby's forehead with tears streaming down her face. ❝I wish you'll never have to learn the ugly truth. ❞ she continued.

Yu An looked at the image confused, that baby is her, but what is her mother saying?

❝If you'd know I abandoned you for a man will you hate me? I wish I was better than that. ❞ Yu An's mother cried holding baby Yu An close to her chest, tears falling like rivers.

❝What do you mean? ❞Yu An asked confused by what her mother was talking about.

Before she could see more, everything turned into darkness again.

❝Are you kidding me? ❞Yu An snapped annoyed and sighed. ❝So this shit place is trying to play with my feelings or something? ❞ she asked as another memory played in front of her.

It was her mother, rushing some place with baby Yu An in her hands. Then she saw her mother leaving the baby at an orphanage's door and running away.

Yu An looked at the images silent. She saw how she was taken in by a woman from the orphanage and then her mother returning to some man, telling him that she's done it, and there is no reason for them to fight anymore.

❝Was I abandoned for a man? My pride is kinda tarnished now. Wow, what's the purpose of those memories? To send me into a mental breakdow? I've always knew my mom was hiding something. ❞Yu An said and sighed.

She felt disappointed in her mother, but she was taken back and raised well so there wasn't any anger in Yu An.

Seeing the lack of emotions, the room began to shook and showed Yu An gruesome images with her parents and sister being in pieces and tortured.

Yu An scoffed.

❝I already know you're trying to make me angry or some shit, but it isn't working. Illusions are illusions no matter how ugly you make them look. Also, I've seen gory shit since little, father is a fan of horror stuff and wanted to share this passion of his with us. ❞Yu An spoke loud so whoever is pulling this shit on her could hear.

This room is trying to provoke pain, fear, anger in her. The room shook like an earthquake was going on, making screeching sounds that made Yu An cover her ears.

❝Rah, rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, roma-ma
Gaga, ooh-la-la
Want your bad romance. ❞Yu An sang to cover the disturbing noises produced by the room, who was clearly mad at her lack of reaction.

Yu An noticed in the corner of her eyes, a crack that appeared in darkness, then more followed until the room broke like glass, and she found herself in a room, belonging to a castle.

❝An European style castle? That's cool, let's see what you're trying to pull on me, weird world. ❞Yu An said as if challenging the world she stepped it.

She tried to leave, but that door was locked and it didn't seem to budge under her power.

❝Intriguing. ❞Yu An said walking to the windows, opening and jumping down only to be transported back in the room.

❝So I can't leave until something is triggered. I always liked puzzle video games so let's see what you have prepared. ❞Yu An smirked and began to look around the room for clues, a way to trigger her way out.