Chapter 132 (Part 4): End of Volume 1

When Mother Song heard the words "I and Xia Lin's wedding", she was so shocked that her mouth almost couldn't close.

In her mind, Xia Lin could be allowed to enter their door in a low-key manner. She can concede but she did not expect Song Yan to have a wedding and a banquet.

On the contrary, Father Song and Elder Song looked at each other. Each fell silent.

Seeing that his remarks had worked, Song Yan said, "Of course, this is all my wishful thinking. Whether I accept it or not depends on the decision of my parents and grandfather. I'll go back to City B first. After all, Xia Lin is still in the recovery period. I have been away from him for too long. Don't worry. If you figure it out, send me a message. When Xia Lin is discharged from the hospital, I will take him seriously to enter our door and meet the elders."

After Song Yan finished speaking, he bowed respectfully to the three present, then turned and left.

Mother Song originally wanted to stay with Song Yan for one night but when she looked at the faces of her husband and father-in-law, she felt that it would be better to keep quiet.

After Song Yan returned to City B, he rushed to the hospital without stopping.

Xia Liang was chatting with Xia Lin in the ward. Seeing Song Yan was back, he stood up and looked at him with questioning eyes.

The two exchanged silent glances. Song Yan nodded slightly and Xia Liang's eyebrows loosened.

He turned to Xia Lin and said, "Song Yan is back so I'll go ahead. "

Xia Lin said: "Leaving so soon?"

"Otherwise, do you want to keep me as a third wheel?"

Xia Liang ridiculed expressionlessly and then beckoned to Zhou Shuo who was standing by, "Let's go."

Zhou Shuo greeted Song Yan hurriedly then went out with Xia Liang.

Song Yan stared at the backs of the two for a while then walked over to the hospital bed and sat down and asked, "How are you feeling in the past two days?"

"I feel okay." Xia Lin smiled, "Ke Mei said that when the test results are out, if there are no signs of recurrence, I can be discharged from the hospital."

He paused and asked, "You and my brother, are you hiding something from me?"

"How can it be."

Song Yan held Xia Lin's hand and touched his soft finger pads affectionately.

"This time, I went home and came out of the closet. I talked to your brother in advance. With his support, my bargaining chip will be bigger. "

Xia Lin asked nervously, "So... did it go well?"

"It should go well," Song Yan smiled at him soothingly, "I have been preparing for so long, how could I still be unable to win them."

Xia Lin breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Then why did you stare at my brother's back just now?"

"Oh, I'm just thinking, didn't Du Lanze say that he and Zhou Shuo have been mapped? How come it has been so long and there is still no change?"

Xia Lin frowned: "Isn't it a good thing that there is no change? Maybe Du Lanze's guess is wrong? Or do you want them to react?"

"No, no, I hope Du Lanze really guessed wrong this time."

Halfway through his words, a WeChat alert sounded from his cell phone. He opened WeChat and took a look. A smile gradually appeared at the corner of his mouth.

"What's wrong?"' Xia Lin asked.

Song Yan did not answer directly.

He knelt in one knee, held one of Xia Lin's hands, and lowered his head to print a kiss on the back of his hand.

He then raised his head and said sincerely: "Xia Lin, the occasion is not right but I can't wait any longer."

Xia Lin looked at him unclearly.

"Xia Lin, I solemnly propose to you now. Are you willing to marry me?"

Xia Lin was stunned. He suddenly blurted out and asked: "Did your family agree?"

Song Yan showed him a happy smile like a child, and repeated: "Xia Lin, are you willing to marry me?"

Xia Lin laughed, leaned in, and kissed his lips: "What do you say?"

When the two snuggled together, enjoying their undisturbed world, remembering the hardships and twists along the way, Song Yan couldn't help but ask: "Xia Lin, I always unconsciously think of what you said to me under the street lights that night during our third year in high school."

Xia Lin didn't know why: "Which words?"

"You said that only when I become strong enough to guard my love without relying on external forces and strong enough that those who stand on the moral commanding heights will be helpless to me even if they don't understand me, I can be myself unreservedly. Although I could not understand your good intentions at the time, fortunately, I still subtly worked hard as you said. Thinking about it now, I really benefited a lot. If in this life I still live in a muddle-headed and unstructured life like the previous one, I'm afraid that I will still be defeated and ended in a dismal situation when I come out to the closet at home at that time. "

Xia Lin was silent and said: "During our third year in high school... what I said to you was originally intended to hope that the future of you and Yu Luotong will be less difficult."

"I know."

Song Yan turned over and hugged Xia Lin in his arms.

"After recovering my memory, I gradually figured out all your unreasonable behaviors since the third year of high school. When I realized that you did everything just to leave me, I felt terribly uncomfortable in my heart..."

"It's over," Xia Lin patted Song Yan's back softly and murmured, "It's in the past. Don't think about it anymore."

Song Yan picked up the depressed mood, cheered up, and said: "Xia Lin, shall we do it again?"

"What, it's not just..."

Before Xia Lin finished speaking, Song Yan had already begun to take action. He was speechless for a moment and poked Song Yan on the forehead.

"I'm really a little sleepy. I'll go to sleep first so can you do it yourself?"

Song Yan: "..."