four - "Why do I have to watch you love someone else?"

Yeonbyul fixed her hair and dress before knocking on Heeseung's bedroom door. Ms Han gave her an assuring look and motioned for her to walk in. The door opened and the butler bowed at her as a sign of honorific.

"Are you ready to meet the minister and Haesun?" Heeseung asked, fixing his outfit in front of the mirror.

"Can I not join, Heeseung?" She asked softly.

The King turned around and glared before correcting her, "Your Majesty."

"Can I not join, Your Majesty?" She asked again. Heeseung sighed, "Are you sick or something? You need to be there to make sure the ministers know I got the approval from the Queen to appoint a concubine."

Yeonbyul fiddled with her fingers nervously. She wanted to ask him about his feelings for her.

Did you think about my feelings before you wanted to appoint a mistress?

Did you ever love me?

"Do you love her, Your Majesty?" She asked again, fixing her posture.

"Love is a strong word."

"When you're in love, you won't hesitate to even say it."

"I'm not ready yet, " he sighed heavily before putting on his shoes.

"So are you saying that she's just your play toy?"

He frowned, "Why are you asking me all this? Are you really not jealous, Park Yeonbyul?"

Yeonbyul cleared her throat and walked to the door, "No. I'm just asking because I don't want you to play with other people's feelings."

It's already enough for you to play with mine.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul arrived at the throne room earlier than her husband and all the ministers there greeted her, including her father. She approached him happily, "Dad!"

The minister of finance smiled shyly, looking at other people there giving weird looks. They were supposed to address each other formally but Yeonbyul didn't like that. She didn't want to forget that the minister was her father. And she was happy that the King allows her to be informal with her father.

"Yeonbyul-ah, how are you?" Her dad asked softly.

"I'm healthy as always. It's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Your dad here keeps talking about you while we were at the North Kingdom, " Mr Park's friend, the minister of justice said.

She laughed and walked to her seat, waiting for Heeseung to arrive. Her smile faded when she saw Haesun waving at her. The entrance door opened and Heeseung walked in. He looked handsome as always.

Instead of going to sit next to her, he walked towards Haesun first, greeting her father and her. Yeonbyul clenched her fists tightly. That was the first time she saw him so excited about something. He would usually act so professional and intimidating in front of everyone, even his wife. How could he act so lovely and friendly in front of a woman who is not even his wife?

If they were not from a royal family, does it count as cheating?

"Fuck royal rules for letting the King cheat on the Queen, " she muttered under her breath.

Heeseung walked towards his seat, "Did you wait long?"

"So long I thought you'll arrive when the pigs could fly."

He was taken aback by the response and cleared his throat before signalling the ministers to start the ceremony.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Heeseung, Yeonbyul and Mr Park walked around the garden, catching up about random things and interesting stories about the North Kingdom. Heeseung admired Yeonbyul's father for his carefree and fun nature. It was something he wished his father had since he was trained to be King since he was little. So he didn't have that much freedom.

Yeonbyul zoned out, following the two men from behind. Her mind was filled with how awkward it would be when she has to see Haesun every day.

"Yeonbyul?" Heeseung startled her, grabbing her hand.

She gave him a confused look when he linked his arm with hers.

This is just an act, Park Yeonbyul.

He's doing these so that your dad won't be worried.

Wake up from your dreams, Yeonbyul. Dreams don't come true.

"I hope you will treat my daughter right, Your Majesty, " her father requested.

"Don't worry, father. Haesun was appointed as the concubine just to support the royal family and the political matters. Yeonbyul will always be the Queen of the South Kingdom. And my Queen."

My Queen...

He's good at lying.

I bet he's sleeping with her tonight.