nine - "I liked the nickname."

The day of the ball finally arrived. Yeonbyul's eyes widened as Hanseo helped her put on the light blue ball gown. She touched the lace that was around her waist. It was an
off-shoulder dress that had Swarovski crystals around them that created a twinkle when you look at it.

The custom-made shoes also had real diamonds around them, making them sparkle like stars.

"People saying the North Kingdom are rich with diamonds were true after all, " Ms Han said, amazed by Yeonbyul's beauty in the dress.

"His Highness knows what type of dress suits you. I can't believe he designed this for you, " Hanseo said, still in awe. The door was knocked and Ms Han opened it, revealing Sunghoon in a dark blue suit, as he promised.

He looked handsome and charismatic. If he went to the ball, the noblewomen and the princesses from the other kingdoms and countries would've tried to flirt with him. He stood behind Yeonbyul, staring at her in the mirror, "You look beautiful, my lady."

The Queen's eyes widened at the sudden nickname. The prince took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Thank you. Do you know where His Majesty is? We planned to enter the ball together, " Yeonbyul asked.

Hanseo and Ms Han looked at each other, "His Majesty said the plan changed. He will be going to the ball with Lady Haesun. He said you were okay with it."

"What?!"

It seems like Haesun is really trying to embarrass me. She thought I was going to enter the ball alone with the same dress. Jokes on her.

"Would you like to go to the ball with me, my lady?" The prince asked, bowing at her.

Hanseo looked away to hide her excitement and blush, motioning for the Queen to take his hand. Yeonbyul linked her arm with his and they both walked to the ball together.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The door opened and the music stopped.

"Her Majesty, the Queen has arrived."

People gasped when they saw Yeonbyul entering with her arms linked with the crowned prince of the North. Haesun's eyes widened, realising her grey dress looked too basic compared to the Queen.

Heeseung walked towards his wife, "I thought we're going with grey."

"It's a surprise, Your Majesty. The same goes for the surprise of you entering first with your mistress. You already match with Haesun, I don't see the need to match with you anymore."

The waltz began to play, making the guests dance to the song with their partners. Haesun faked a smile, "Your dress looks so pretty, Your Majesty. Where did you buy it?"

"It was tailored by the North Kingdom's best tailor. And it was designed by His Highness himself. We decided to match each other tonight."

Heeseung glared at Sunghoon, upset that his wife chose to match with another man instead of him. Yeonbyul forced herself to smile, cursing internally at the mistress in front of her, 'As I said, I always win. Seems like your plan is ruined. Embarrassing.'

"May I have a dance with you, my lady?" Sunghoon bowed. Yeonbyul bowed back and held his hand, her other hand held his chest. His free hand held her waist tightly to guide her.

"I'm bad at dancing, Your Highness."

"Don't worry, my lady. I'm good at it. I'll guide you."

Haesun was about to ask the King to dance with her but seems like the King has left her to greet his parents. She clenched her fists and glared at the Queen, jealous of seeing her having fun with the prince.

Some part of her felt jealous to see Sunghoon with her. She wanted to hold the prince's hand too, wanted to dance with him too.

He's handsome. Why does she always get the handsome ones? I'm stuck here with her damn husband.

She calmed herself down and exhaled heavily, "It's okay, Haesun. You're here to take over the position. After you become the Queen, you'll destroy the King and the kingdom will be yours forever."

She smiled to herself and sighed happily, greeting the other guests.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Heeseung sat in his seat, watching the guests dance with each other. He couldn't take his eyes off this one person. His wife. Seeing her happy with someone else makes his blood boil. Especially when that someone is the person whom his father always compare him to.

"Look at the crowned prince of the North, he's always obeying his father's orders."

"Look at Sunghoon, he's a fast learner. He could ride a horse just by learning for an hour."

"Look at him, he's not shy to meet new people."

Yeonbyul was laughing while he talked about something to her. Seeing them dance so closely made him clenched his fists so tightly that his nails were going to dig into his skin.

Out of all men, why him, Yeonbyul?

"Darling!" Haesun's voice called him. He snapped out of his thoughts and smiled at her, letting the mistress sit on his lap.

"Haesun, you know you should use my title when we're in front of the guests. It's the rules."

"But, Yeonbyul doesn't have to do it when she's with you, " she argued back.

"She's a Queen. And my wife. But she calls me 'Your Majesty' too even though she doesn't have to."

Haesun got off him and folded her arms, glaring at the Queen who was laughing with the guests. Heeseung got off his seat and hugged her from the back, "Don't be sad. It's just how it is."

"Then marry me."

"What?" The King asked in shock. The mistress turned around and stared at him deeply, "Marry me. Make me your wife."

"Then, you would have to be Queen."

"Why? Can't you make me your Queen?" She asked again sternly. Heeseung gulped and looked at Yeonbyul who doesn't know what was happening. He wanted to marry Haesun but at the same time, he wanted Yeonbyul to be Queen.